Nature has a solution to all the problems. The natural remedies may fight out any disease when administered in the right proportion. Some natural ingredients work miraculously when used in combination while some others may have solo applications.
Honey and cinnamon form a miracle combination that works wonders for your health if you know how to use!
Health experts worldwide are bewildered due to the unlimited health benefits this magical mix has on offer. You can also be one amongst many who may have benefited or are being benefited due to the combination of cinnamon and honey if you know the right applications of this mix and the ways to use the same.
Why use honey and cinnamon in combination?
Various streams of natural science and medicines have acknowledged the health benefits of cinnamon and honey since years. Unani medicine (Greek), Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), Ayurveda (India), and Tibb (Natural science and medicine in East) have all endorsed the health benefits of this healthy mix.
Cinnamon is considered to be hot and thus, fights cold while honey is neutral and balances the heat of cinnamon and the cold in your body. The combination used in the right proportion would act as an effective anti-microbial mix. The natural properties of honey make it the right means for healing values derived from herbs and medicines to deep tissues and cells.
The combination of honey with other spices or herbs may accelerate the process of healing and enhance its medicinal values. Here are the health benefits that you can aim with this winning formula and the ways to use it for promising results.
The ways to get the most of out of this miracle mix.
1. Cholesterol – This mix would bring down the bad cholesterol and boost up the good cholesterol levels. A study has revealed that having 1 to 6 grams of cinnamon daily have reduced the cholesterol and triglyceride levels. Both honey and cinnamon have cholesterol reducing properties, but the combination would almost double the benefits.
Usage Tips – Take 3/4th teaspoon cinnamon powder with 1 tablespoon honey. Take it thrice a day for cholesterol reduction. Mixing honey and cinnamon with hot water or green tea would also accelerate the benefits.
2. Fights Common Cold – As the name suggests, a common cold is quite a common health condition experienced by people of all age groups. The anti-viral and antibacterial properties of honey and cinnamon would fight it effectively. You may start taking this mix as a preventive measure or when you first experience the symptoms to knock out cold and flu.
Usage Tips – Mix 1 teaspoon honey into lukewarm water. Add a pinch of cinnamon powder and your flu-fighting mix is ready. Sip this two to three times a day for faster results.
3. Heart Health – The regular consumption of honey and cinnamon would not only reduce the cholesterol levels but would also clear the clogged arteries. The open arteries would reduce the risk of heart attack due to even blood circulation.
Usage Tips – Apply the mix of honey and cinnamon on bread instead of using jam. Have this for breakfast and it will gradually help remove blockages from your blood vessels.
4. Regulates Blood Sugar Levels – Studies carried out on subjects suffering from Type 2 Diabetes have brought forward the benefits of cinnamon in regulating blood sugar levels. This spice has always shown promising results in Type 2 Diabetes, but now the health experts have also endorsed this combination for the same. Even the sweetness of honey was found to have positive results in fighting this disease.
Usage Tips – Add this sweet and spicy mix to your tea or bowl of cereal and start your day with the healthy mix.
5. Aids Digestion – Good digestion is the indication of good health. The regular consumption of this mix before meals would prevent conditions like acidity and gas. It aids faster digestion.
Usage Tips – Have honey and cinnamon paste daily before meals. You can also add lukewarm water. Take it on an empty stomach for best results.
6. Reduces Joint Pain and Arthritis – The main trouble of arthritis is chronic joint pain that just won’t go! The miracle mix has been found to relieve this condition too. It can control the symptoms of arthritis like inflammation of joints and stiffness efficiently.
Usage Tips – Take the mixture of 2 teaspoons honey and 1 teaspoon cinnamon mixed in 1 cup hot water twice daily, preferably in the morning and in the evening.
7. Weight Loss – Yes, believe it or not, but this wonder remedy would bring down the number on the weighing scale. Honey melts the stubborn fat deposited on various parts of your body. When combined with cinnamon, it will remove excess fat and also enhance the metabolism.
Usage Tips – Put 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a cup and pour boiling water over it. Let the mixture stand for about 15 minutes before adding 1 tablespoon honey. Opt for the organic honey to get the maximum benefits.
8. Clear Skin – Cinnamon and honey, both are anti-fungal and antibacterial. Getting the pimple-free skin is easy with this mix as it will prevent any sort of bacterial or fungal infection from developing further.
Usage Tips – This time, you don’t have to take this mix orally. You have to apply the paste made from cinnamon and honey on pimples or affected area. Apply it overnight and then wash it off in the morning to get the clear skin. You will need frequent applications for chronic infections.
9. Fights Bad Breath – No need to stay away from the crowd because of bad breath. Gargle with this mix before you head towards the social gathering, and it will help solve the problem of bad breath.
Usage Tips – Mix 1 teaspoon honey and 1 teaspoon cinnamon with lukewarm water. Gargle twice with this mix to avoid an embarrassing situation.
10. Say No to Hair Loss – Once you start losing your hair, the condition is difficult to reverse. The combination of cinnamon and honey will help you with that.
Usage Tips – Prepare the mixture of warm olive oil, 1 tablespoon honey, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Apply on the scalp and let is stay for 15 minutes before washing. Results will be commendable.
All our problems can be cured or prevented if we know the miracle solutions nature has to offer. Use the above-described remedies to get rid of most of the chronic health problems naturally and easily.
By Valerie S.