The holiday eating season is at the peak. And this is the perfect time to learn new weight loss tips and healthy eating habits to meet the spring in great shape.
Rather than letting events and your friends dictate what you are going to eat, take this opportunity to gain control of your diet and health. This will help you to stay in good shape and look fabulous in a bikini.
Below are 5 weight loss tips to get you started on your weight loss program.
1. Drink green tea
Tea is the second most-consumed drink in the world, preceded by water. Several studies suggest that flavonoids and caffeine found in green tea can help increase metabolic rate, improve insulin action in the body and increase fat oxidation. The main antioxidant in green tea, EGCG, helps inhibit the enzyme that breaks down norepinephrine.
This leads to an increase in norepinephrine which is used by the nervous system as a signal to break down fats. Caffeine helps your body burn both calories and fat.
There are varieties of green tea, but some varieties are better at the weight to lose than others. Matcha green tea is the richest green tea source of antioxidants and nutrients. The whole of the Macha green tea leaf is ground and consumed as part of the beverage.
According to the University of Maryland Medical Center, to get the amount of caffeine and antioxidants purported to help you lose weight you will need to take two or three cups of green tea per day.
2. Consume more fiber and eat slowly
Fiber is easily digested by the body, so it passes quickly through your system without increasing blood sugar. All fruits and vegetables have fiber mostly concentrated in the skin, seeds, and membrane. This means ditching out cornflakes, white rice, and white spaghetti and opting for wholemeal bread, whole wheat pasta, whole grain cereals, and brown rice.
Some of the richest fruit sources of fiber include raspberries and strawberries. Foods containing a lot of fiber take longer to chew and help you feel satisfied with smaller quantities. They automatically slow down the speed at which you are eating.
The brain requires about 20 minutes to receive the signal that you are full that’s why it is a good idea to eat slowly. This explains why it is also a good idea to wait a while before deciding whether you want a second helping or dessert. Plus, if you are faced with a desire to eat something at night, just consider choosing healthy snacks and take it under control.
3. Try some of these weight loss tips to slow down the speed at which you eat
- Opt for chopsticks instead of a knife and fork. Your meal will take longer to eat as you can’t scoop as much food with a chopstick as you can with a fork.
- Serve your food in a bowl, so it stays hot for longer. This will prevent you from ingesting large quantities at once and eating quickly.
- Avoid watching TV or reading while eating so you don’t get distracted and shove down food without paying attention to your eating speed.
- Another trick is to put your chopsticks or fork down between mouthfuls.
Fiber acts as a sponge to absorb and retains water hence it swells up in your stomach making you feel full. To lose extra pounds women under 50 years should aim for 25 grams of fiber a day and men should aim for 38 grams or more.
4. Go for small amounts of protein and low GI foods
Foods with the low GI (Glycemic Index) release sugar slowly in the blood providing you with a steady supply of energy throughout the day. They help you feel full so you have control of your appetite, and you will be less likely to snack. Research shows that foods rich in proteins bring satiety.
Try eating small amounts of lean meat, fish, chicken, eggs and dairy products so you can stay feeling fuller for longer. Research from Rochester Center for Obesity in American shows that eating eggs for breakfast can help suppressant hunger so that more than 400 calories intake is reduced throughout the day.
5. Look for weight loss tips to help you stay motivated
- A fitness buddy will help you enjoy your work routines. It is more fun working out in groups than doing it all by yourself. Working out with friends is also a great way to stay motivated to reach your target weight.
- Alternatively, download an app like Fitbit to keep track of your fat-burning results while you sleep. Record and keep track of your bone density and body fat percentage.
- Watch weight loss shows to get inspiration. Weight loss shows address real issues that people struggling with weight go through and offer advice on how to transform your life.
If you want to lose weight, don’t be scared of hunger. Instead, learn to deal with it appropriately. Think of hunger in a positive way and ask yourself whether it feels nice to look forward to a meal or a snack.
Before reaching for a snack, rank your hunger on a scale of one to ten, where ten is starving, and one is fully satisfied. Don’t skip breakfast as this will give you hunger pangs that will quickly have you reaching for a snack to boost your energy levels.
Studies have shown that eating earlier in the day can help prevent people from getting hungry, overeating or losing control in the evening.
Hopefully, these and other weight loss tips will meet the spring in great shape.
- 5 Simple Ways to Calm Your Mind Before Bed - September 14, 2021
- Buying a Gift for a Child? Consider These 6 Factors - August 26, 2021
- 9 Tips for Your Family for Making Healthy Food Choices - August 19, 2021
Copyright © 2014-2021 Life Advancer. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint, contact us.