This awesome military diet plan designed by a military nutritionist will increase your metabolism and make you lose weight fast!
There are many who are trying to shed those extra kilos, wanting to make their handles disappear and get back into shape.
They hit the gym and sweat it out religiously for a few days until they get introduced to the wicked procrastination. And it’s not long before the gym visits become occasional. Another route people take is dieting. They cut down on fat, measure their calories, and starve themselves till the time their taste buds protest, and one harmless tasting session of normal food puts them off their diet forever.
So, does losing weight always have to be accompanied by pain or cravings? Can you still lose weight while devouring your favorite ice cream? What if the answer is yes? Guess what?
The answer is yes.
Ladies and gentlemen, let me introduce the three-day military diet plan – a simple diet that allows you to lose 10 pounds in just three days. Yes, three days. 1, 2, 3, it’s that easy!
What Is It?
The origins of the military diet plan are debatable. There are many people who believe that it was designed by a military nutritionist, who wanted the soldiers to lose weight without making them weak. Others believe that it originated in the 1980s, when people used to fax diets to each other, thereby christening it as the fax diet. Whatever it may be, today, it is one of the most followed diets for weight loss.
It is a low-calorie diet that is restrictive and strict. It has to be followed for three days, after which you can take a break for the next four days. Even though there are no restrictions for the four off days, it’s best to stay within the 1500-calorie limit, which is pretty relaxed.
How Does It Work?
It works because of a couple of simple reasons. It’s low in calories but doesn’t ask you to stay away from fat. There are good fats and bad fats, so essentially, steer clear of the bad ones. It is high in fiber, protein, and calcium, and is known to increase your metabolism, which in turn helps you lose weight.
It’s quick as well. Every meal of the military diet is designed in a way that it is low in calories but has the best mix of protein, carbohydrate, and dietary fat. This helps in burning fat fast. Apart from that, the meals are arranged in fat-burning food combinations. It incorporates very small quantities of high-fat food, so it’ll leave you hungry at times.
What Can You Eat?
Typically, a person following the military diet breakfast can have eggs and toast, bagel, oatmeal, banana and honey smoothies, almond butter, waffles, and even berries. For lunch, one could choose from black beans, tuna, walnut greens, chicken salad pita, cottage cheese and so on. Dinners could have meat, beans, fruits like apples and bananas, carrots, broccoli, hot dogs (yes!), tuna, and ice cream (big yes!). And yes, coffee is allowed too!
When To Go For It?
Military diets are best practiced weekly. You could follow the diet for the first three days of the week and enjoy the next four days as your days off. You could repeat the process on a weekly basis. Even though you could continue it for as many weeks as you want to, experts believe that it shouldn’t be a long-term plan. It is designed to be a short-term weight loss plan, so you should probably let it remain that way.
Who Is It Meant For?
In general, anybody can go for this type of a diet. But there are a few types of people this diet is tailor-made for:
- People who are committed to weight loss. These are the ones who’d do anything to get rid of a few extra kilos.
- People who’re very busy. For them, going around shopping for ‘special’ ingredients and prepping a meal that follows the norms of the diet is difficult because of the time crunch.
- People who like simplicity. These people don’t like elaborate meals or too many rules and regulations.
- People who are tight on budget. It’s a great diet on a shoestring budget, so people don’t need to burn holes in their pockets while burning their fat.
- People who want quick results. They can’t wait for too long to check whether a diet is effective or not.
So, if you’re one of these people, then the military diet plan is for you!
Why The Military Diet Plan?
There are so many diets all over the internet. What makes the military diet so special? There are some reasons why the military diet plan, the three-day load-shedding miracle, is so popular these days. Here are some of them:
- It is a short-time, big-results kind of diet. Did we forget to tell you that you that this diet aids weight loss while digging into hot dogs and slurping ice cream? Yeah.
- All the ingredients are readily available, and they don’t cost you a bomb. Dieting on a budget just got real.
- It’s simple. So simple that you can start following it whenever you want to.
- The recipes are easy to prepare, which means you won’t have to spend half of your free time preparing ‘special’ meals.
- It’s great for people in ‘emergencies’, like an upcoming wedding or a date.
Get It Right
Simple as it may sound, there are several things you need to keep in mind to nail this weight loss scheme:
- Drink lots of water. It hydrates you and helps you feel full. This way, you don’t eat too much.
- Follow the 3-day diet plan strictly. Don’t mess around.
- The four off days might tempt you to overeat, but try to be within the 1500-calorie limit. An added 100 calories if you’re a man.
- Exercise helps during a diet. 20 minutes of walking every day will be great.
- Consult your doctor if you have health issues and allergies.
- A heavy breakfast, a medium lunch, and a light dinner is the mantra here.
*This infographic was brought to us by skinnyfiberrewiews.net
So, go ahead, try out this much-talked-about military diet plan. Don’t forget to record your before and after numbers to get a better understanding. Good luck!
Author Bio: Supraja is a homemaker and a full-time mom. Her interests lie in writing, healthy cooking, and kitchen gardening. She is a certified English professional from the university of Cambridge and also pursuing a course on fitness and nutrition. She is a regular contributor to stylecraze.com and writes to share her views on healthy practices and inspire readers to embrace a hassle free life.