If you suffer from sleeping disorders, here is a banana cinnamon tea recipe that could help you fall asleep faster and avoid sleeping issues.
It is no secret that good night’s sleep is essential for your body in the realm of the mind and health in general.
Scientists recommend at least 8 hours of sleep for you to maintain good health, but people are biologically different. Truth be told, some of us need more while others will be comfortable with less than 8 hours.
The big trick is finding out how much sleep works for you and try to hit the target.
Just in case you didn’t know, irregular sleep can lead to poor health issues such as obesity, heart disease, diabetes, and high blood pressure.
The following are some of the most common symptoms of sleep disorders:
- Memory loss
- Depression and anxiety
- Tiredness in the morning
- Waking up too early
- Poor concentration
Enough sleep can boost your health in the following ways:
- It improves your immune system
- Sleeping boosts mental well-being and good concentration
- It increases sex drive and fertility
- Sleep creates better moods during the day.
If you have any sleep disorders, then you are always advised to see a doctor for consultation and medication. The sad aspect is that sleep medications are known to be sedative-hypnotics that contain benzodiazepines and barbiturates, meaning that they can lead to serious bad side effects such as:
- Poor memory and concentration
- Stomachache and constipation
- General body weakness.
As a matter of fact, poor sleep could be an indication of mineral deficiencies, poor eating routine, anxiety, and an imbalanced way of life. On a positive note, we have a natural non-medical sleeping aid that might help you avoid sleeping issues and fall asleep faster – banana cinnamon tea!
The beauty is that this remedy contains just two natural ingredients that can surely be found in your kitchen or at any nearby grocery store.
- 1 banana (organic)
- A dash of cinnamon
- 1 small pot of water
Cut the ends of the banana and add it to a pot of boiling water. Leave for 10 minutes, then pour the water through a colander into a teacup. Add cinnamon to spice up your taste and you are good to enjoy!
This banana cinnamon tea should be drunk an hour before you go to sleep.
Why use bananas?
What about cinnamon?
Cinnamon, on the other hand, has a pleasant flavor that is added to the tea. It also has a warming tonic that alleviates the body and helps in relaxation, as well as plays a role in boosting circulation and digestion.
Apart from this, there are several things that can be done to help with sleep such as reducing anxiety, exercising more, eating natural foods that boost immunity, and following healthy sleeping patterns.
In simple terms, banana cinnamon tea will take more of adjusting your general lifestyle than just trying out a single solution!
- Ferber, R. (2006). Solve your child’s sleep problems. New York: Fireside Book.
- Lambley, P. (1982). Insomnia and other sleeping problems. London: Sphere.
- Moon, J. (2014). The Tea Chest.
Image Credits: lexiscleankitchen.com
- 12 Most Endangered Animals in the World That Are Almost Extinct - October 28, 2017
- Artemisinin: a Cancer-Fighting Substance from a Little-Known Chinese Herb - October 15, 2017
- Hydrotherapy: an Amazingly Simple Way to Boost Your Immunity in Just 15 Seconds a Day - October 12, 2017
Copyright © 2014-2022 Life Advancer. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint, contact us.