Butter is exquisite, on toast and bathing a sizzling steak. Would you like to know how to make homemade butter yourself?
I grew up watching my grandmother make butter, kraut, and other homemade foods, using something she called a churn. I found it amazing and difficult as well. But when I tasted the flavors of these foods, it was more than just an exciting experience. In ways, I wanted to learn how to make butter at home as well.
Butter can be healthy
Butter is ancient. Did you know that? In fact, the first recorded proof of butter comes from a limestone tablet 4500 years ago. This means thousands of years of domesticating animals. 3000 years ago, in India, a form of butter called ghee was used.
As some of you know, the Bible speaks of butter too. Maybe you’re interested in making butter and the process, but I’m sure you want to understand these health benefits below.
The health benefits of homemade butter:
- Vitamin A: Butter is rich in this vitamin which improves the adrenal gland and thyroid function.
- Teeth: Butter wards off tooth decay.
- Vitamin D: A wonderful source of calcium and a great natural anti-depressant.
- Conjugated linoleic acid: Protects against cancer. It’s also an immunity builder.
- Anti-oxidants: Protects against free radicals and weak arteries.
- Lauric acid: Protects against candida and other fungal infections.
Making Homemade Butter and The How to’s
As you can see, butter is actually good for you. Let’s also dispel the myth that marjoram is better than butter because it’s not. Now you know that butter is better, so do you want to know how to make butter? I bet you do. So, let’s get started with some recipes.
1. Homemade butter
Nothing is as fulfilling as making your own food products at home. It just helps you be more self-sufficient. Let’s check out this ultra-simple butter and practice making butter.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ¼ tbsp of salt
Blend cream in a processor for about 10 minutes or so. This is done so the cream separates. Strain the liquid. The salt is optional and adds a bit more flavor. Press butter into a small bowl until use.
2. Honey butter
You can also add a bit of pizazz to your butter recipe as well. Add a sweet and comforting addition with just a few ingredients. Pay attention and learn how to wow your family.
- Prepared butter (you can use the simple butter recipe from above)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon, preferable ground
Cream together the honey, cinnamon, and butter. Then form butter into the shape you desire. You can use special molds to create beautiful additions for your table.
3. A variation on homemade butter
Go ahead and enjoy this variation on the traditional butter recipe.
- 2 ½ cups heavy cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- Ground pepper, finely ground
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt
Whip the heavy cream and sour cream together gradually in the bowl of a stand mixer. Prepare a bowl of ice water in the meantime. The cream mixture has to separate and become thicker after drained. Scoop the butter from the bowl and wrap in cheesecloth to remove excess liquid.
Then place in the ice bath. This liquid is actually buttermilk. Remove the butter from the ice bath and sprinkle with pepper and salt according to your tastes. Now form butter in whatever shape you please. Your butter is now ready for use.
4. Dessert butter
There are many types of butter and butter additions. Much like the honey butter recipe, the desert butter basically uses the same foundation recipe with special additives. See basic recipe and extras here:
- prepared butter (also from the first basic recipe)
- Additives such as chocolate, brown sugar, strawberry, vanilla (strawberry vanilla for example)
- 1 stick butter
- One pack dehydrated strawberries (.33 oz)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
Instructions are easy. You just dice up the dehydrated strawberries and add all other ingredients with the butter. Blend until everything is smooth and delightful. Enjoy on virtually anything.
5. Savory butter
Just like dessert butter, these spreads are made with basic butter and simple additives. Why settle for simple butter all the time when you can jazz up your spread and make your taste buds sing.
- prepared butter (see homemade recipe above)
- Additives such as chives, garlic, dill or rosemary. How about some sun-dried tomato butter? (Yes, let’s take a look at the sun-dried version)
- 1 tbsp sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 stick of butter
Blend the sun-dried tomatoes until they turn into a paste. Slowly add the tomato paste into the creamed butter until the mixture is nicely combined. Go ahead and enjoy.
An important part of our lives
Did you know that butter is a beneficial part of our diet? Well, now you do. If you want to learn the process of making butter, then these instructions will make it easy. Learn how to make butter now, and you can make an endless array of flavors.
I bet your toast, fruit, and meats will never be the same.
- 7 Signs You Ex Is Pretending to Be Over You but Still Has Feelings - December 24, 2020
- 10 Hobbies That Make Money and Give You a Sense of Fulfilment - November 3, 2020
- How to Get Out of the Friend Zone in 6 Ways - October 19, 2020
Copyright © 2014-2021 Life Advancer. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint, contact us.