The television is flooded with adverts for chemical solutions to the never-ending problem of achieving flawless skin.
We watch in adoration at whichever celebrity has been chosen to represent the brand, and believe in the solution, even if it costs $50… But no more, it’s time to stop believing in these expensive solutions for flawless skin and get back to basics with your skin.
What causes unhealthy skin?
There are a number of factors that can contribute to unhealthy skin, including stress, lack of sleep, bad diet, pollution, the sun, smoking and drinking alcohol.
Shop-bought creams have very little success in defying and preventing the effects of these factors, but by trying these simple, all-natural home remedies you can achieve flawless skin and overall health:
The critic acid in lemons helps to keep your skin clear and healthy, by removing dead cells. What’s more, its high level of vitamin C helps to reduce dark spots on your face and increase the cell renewal process. Lemon can also improve your overall skin tone, with its bleaching properties, and help achieve flawless skin.
- Apply the fresh lemon juice to your entire face and neck, leave it for ten minutes, then wash with lukewarm water. Finally, apply cucumber slices to your skin to soothe and moisturise. This should be performed daily. You can also try adding raw honey to the lemon juice.
- If you prefer to exfoliate your skin, mix two teaspoons of lemon juice and sugar together, apply to your face, neck and hands, then scrub in a circular motion, leave for ten minutes, then wash off with lukewarm water. It’s best to perform this once a week.
Sounds crazy, but it works! Turmeric is a natural antiseptic and skin-lightening agent, so it’s great for reducing the appearance of scars and any marks on your skin. It can also help with any allergic, inflammatory or infectious disorders.
- Mix one tablespoon of turmeric powder with pineapple juice, so it forms a paste. Apply to your face and neck and leave it until it is completely dry. Finally, wash off with warm water. You can perform this remedy two to three times a week.
- You also mix turmeric powder with gram flour and a little bit of water or milk, make sure you mix equal measures of the powder and flour. As above, apply it until the paste dries on your face, then wash it off with lukewarm water, ensuring you scrub as you remove the paste.
Honey is a great moisturiser and helps to ward off any infections with its antibacterial properties.
- Apply raw honey to your skin, let it dry and rinse off with lukewarm water. You can do this every day or every other day for the best results.
- Also, you can try mixing honey with gram flour to create a face mask and leave it on your face for 20 minutes. You should try this once a week for gorgeous and flawless skin.
4. Aloe Vera
Another antibacterial agent, aloe vera helps to kill the bacteria that cause acne and can soothe skin. It also has astringent properties that help to reduce the appearance of scars, is a great moisturiser and helps to stimulate new skin cell growth.
- Extract the gel from the aloe vera leaf
- Apply to your skin using a cotton ball
- Allow the gel to dry – this will take about half an hour
- Rinse off with lukewarm water
- You can practice this remedy every day or a few times per week
5. Baking Soda
Baking soda is a mild antiseptic and anti-inflammatory, it also balances the pH levels of the skin, and helps to maintain clear and flawless skin. It’s great at removing dead skin cells, keeping skin clean, and dealing with acne, pimples and spots.
- Mix one teaspoon of baking soda with one teaspoon of lemon juice, to form a paste. Use the paste to gently exfoliate the skin, rinse the paste off with lukewarm water and pat dry. You can do this two or three times a week.
- You can also try mixing one teaspoon of baking soda with raw honey and apply the mixture to damp skin, massage gently for one minute, then wash off with lukewarm water. Splash some cold water onto your face to close the pores, and try this once a week.
- The Emotions That Might Be Hiding Behind Your Headaches and Migraines - October 8, 2016
- 7 Reasons Why People Prefer the Single Life - October 7, 2016
- How to Use Orange Peels to Make a Powerful Vitamin C Supplement at Home - October 5, 2016
Copyright © 2014-2022 Life Advancer. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint, contact us.