Learn how to prepare a homemade turmeric face mask which offers effective and natural solutions for common skin problems.
Many people who used turmeric in one way or another can attest to the fact that turmeric can be quite obsessive. No wonder, you find people who love turmeric using it in more than one way.
Well, turmeric is one plant with a lot of health benefits, from treating arthritis, heartburn, diarrhea, bloating and much more. The real beauty is that turmeric is quite versatile when it comes to consumption.
For instance, you can combine turmeric, honey, and almond milk or you can use it in your smoothies or soup.
Now, apart from consumption, did you know that turmeric can also be used on your skin? As a matter of fact, it has been used in many beauty products for centuries now owing to its marvelous effects on the skin. So, why not go ahead and make your own anti-inflammatory turmeric face mask? Wondering how?
We will take you through these simple steps to create a DIY anti-inflammatory mask using turmeric.
How to prepare your own anti-inflammatory turmeric face mask
For starters, turmeric has a phytochemical called curcumin that has some amazing anti-inflammatory effects on the skin. It can also go as far as calming inflammations-this is owed to the fact that it quickens up the process healing in the case of wounds not forgetting that it can heal burns and soothe skin irritation.
You can also go on to mix turmeric with honey and coconut to make skin tighter. Enough of the stories now and let’s prepare this natural face mask!
- One and a half teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk
- 4 drops orange essential oil
- 1 teaspoon of raw organic honey
Procedure: making a natural anti-inflammatory turmeric face mask
- Find a bowl then put your honey turmeric and milk into the bowl. Stir to mix them to create a paste out of the mixture. You can add the milk as you stir to get the right balance of the mixture.
- Wash your face to remove any dirt.
- Apply the face mask on your face with a particular focus on those areas that very inflamed. Let the mask stay on those areas for about 20 min then rinse it off with warm water. Keep doing the same frequently till the inflammation subsides.
It’s that simple! Just make sure that you wear old clothes to avoid chances of getting those clothes you love the most, stained. Also, you should ensure that as you clean off the turmeric face mask, you can gently exfoliate dead skin cells and cleanse your face.
Moreover, you can also use this mixture to do more than the beauty aspects of your body. You can also use it to treat ringworms and swellings on your skin.
Again, this is just the tip of the iceberg as turmeric is finding lots of uses around the globe. It comes as no surprise though, given that turmeric is a common ingredient not to mention that it is organic.
In other words, by using turmeric as an ingredient in your face mask, you will not be subjecting your skin to dangerous chemicals that are prevalent in industrial face masks.
- 12 Most Endangered Animals in the World That Are Almost Extinct - October 28, 2017
- Artemisinin: a Cancer-Fighting Substance from a Little-Known Chinese Herb - October 15, 2017
- Hydrotherapy: an Amazingly Simple Way to Boost Your Immunity in Just 15 Seconds a Day - October 12, 2017
Like what you are reading? Subscribe to our newsletter to make sure you don’t miss new life-advancing articles!