We all know quotes can lift the spirits, and some can make us laugh. Dr. Seuss quotes can do both, and strengthen our imagination as well.
I grew up reading Dr. Seuss’s books and loved them too. As I read the rhyming sentences, I felt this strange magic pass right through me. I never thought those words that I loved so dear could actually change my perspective on life. But it’s true, I now see quotes by Dr. Seuss as something more than just words from a children’s book.
The magic of sage wisdom
The quotes from Dr. Seuss’s books are strange, but if you look closer, you will see much more. It’s just what happened to me as I grew older. These quotes lift and inspire, strengthen and enthrall. There are not many hardships that cannot be lightened by reading the lyrics of childhood past.
So, let’s sit down, as we did as children, and enjoy a few Dr. Seuss quotes to start our day.
1. “Today you are you! This is truer than true! There is no one alive that is you-er than you!”
Basically, you are unique, and you should take pride in that fact. You were you yesterday, you are you now, and you will be you tomorrow. You will always be who you are.
2. “I’ve heard there are troubles of more than one kind; some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I’ve bought a big bat. I’m all ready, you see; now my troubles are going to have trouble with me.”
Although there are troubles in life, and yes, some of them are horrific, you have to remember something really important. You are strong and maybe those troubles should be afraid of that strength.
3. “Step with care and great tact. And remember that life’s a great balancing act.”
Quotes from Dr. Seuss’s books can be simple as well, like this one. You see, life is good, and you should have fun, this is true. But, life can also be filled with obstacles and tasks, so it’s important to balance fun with responsibility and make wise decisions. This is a simple fact which comes with great rewards.
4. “You’re off to great places! Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting, so get on your way!”
Of course, life has wonderful destinations and events. Life has beautiful relationships and friendships too. Remember there are mountains, but keep in mind that mountains are good things. They are there to make you stronger. Of all the quotes from “Oh, the Places you’ll go”, by Dr. Seuss, this one is the most profound.
5. “I know it is wet and the sun is not sunny, but we can have lots of good fun that is funny”
Sometimes the sun doesn’t come out, and that’s okay. We can see this quote by Dr. Seuss as literal or symbolic. We can think of the rainy weather, or we can think of frustrating circumstances. Either way, we can have fun.
6. “Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one.”
So, we had great fun today, and maybe we’re wondering if tomorrow will be the same. The important thing to remember is that tomorrow will take care of itself, whether good or bad. It’s another day entirely.
7. “So, the writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads.”
You can see this quote from a reader’s perspective when it comes to reading a “wordy” book, or you can use this to symbolize someone who uses too many words to explain simple things. Keep it simple.
8. “Think left and think right think low and think high. Oh, the things you can think up if only you try.”
Many quotes by Dr. Seuss push us to be our best. This one, for instance, helps us to see our potential if we just try as hard as we can to reach a goal. There’s no limit to our thinking or doing.
9. “I’m sorry to say so but sadly, it’s true that bang-ups and hang-ups can happen to you.”
No matter who you are or where you’re from, negative things are bound to happen to you at some point. It’s just the truth.
10.“They say I’m old-fashioned and live in the past, but I think that progression progresses too fast.”
Some people dislike the way the world has changed, and that’s okay. Some people are just old-fashionedlike Dr. Seuss states in this quote. For me, personally, I try to get outside more, and appreciate the simpler things and forget some of the world’s progression.
11. “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better, it’s not.”
If you want the world to change, it has to start with you. It only takes one person, doing one deed to start a chain reaction of good deeds. If you find this doesn’t work as I have explained, then you can do a few good deeds. Eventually, things will start to change. Someone has to step forward and be that change.
12. “Simple it’s not, I am afraid you will find, for a mind-maker-upper to make up his mind”
It’s not so simple sometimes to make decisions. Either thing you choose will have negative and positive results in one way or the other.
13. “You’re never too old, too wacky, too wild, to pick up a book and read to a child.”
Everyone should read to a child because this is where true intellect and imagination are bred. It’s amazing what reading can do for the mind of young people.
14. “All alone, whether you like it or not, alone is something you’ll be quite a lot.”
You cannot always be surrounded by friends and family. At some point, you will be alone, just as this Dr. Seuss quote speaks. But, if you have an open mind, you will realize just how much you enjoy being by yourself for a while.
15. “With your head full of brains and your shoes full of feet, your too smart to go down any not-so-good street.”
We are intelligent human beings, and we should know better than make rash decisions. We should understand the peril of going into risky situations and taking our lives for granted. This is why we have the brains to think straight and the feet to go in the other direction.
We are wise and yet, sometimes have no clue of our intellect.
Quotes that instantly boost your mood
After reading through some of these inspirational quotes by Dr. Seuss, I’ve found myself skipping and singing silly songs. This says a lot for a woman of 40, wouldn’t you say. I have been rhyming and caught in a pattern of reciting insightful wisdom to my children. All my children loved to read these books and quotes by Dr. Seuss, and they still remember them too.
These quotes are just that powerful, you see. They can transform your day and even your life. I challenge you to pick up a Dr. Seuss book and read a few quotes. I guarantee it will lift your mood before you’ve gotten to the last page. Until then, here’s one more for the road!
“It’s not about what it is, it’s about what it can become.”