This article describes the first signs of a dopamine deficiency and it explains natural remedies to cure this illness.
Before we discuss dopamine deficiency, let’s talk about this neurotransmitter first. The chemical known as “dopamine” is produced naturally in the human body. This substance is a neurotransmitter with the task of influencing several regions of the brain like pleasure, memory and motor control.
As you can see, it is a highly volatile chemical which can affect our body in several ways, most of which are positive. Nevertheless, there are times when the human body suffers a dopamine deficiency. People need to understand that when this occurs, harmful consequences manifest immediately.
Whenever dopamine levels fall incredibly low in the bloodstream, you may experience several symptoms. The most common ones are depression, lack of attention of your surroundings, food craving, among others later explained.
The body by itself won’t stop producing this substance unless the person is under the influence of drugs (or antidepressants), and/or experimenting stress, poor nutrition, lack of sleep, etc. If you think that you have a dopamine deficiency, you need to fully understand its signs.
Common signs of a dopamine deficiency.
This illness is quite serious. Therefore, learning how to identify the most common symptoms is imperative:
- Difficult to focus: if your level of dopamine is below average, you will suffer a decrease in your ability to focus and concentrate. Since you won’t have proper emotions regulating neurotransmitter, common emotions will interfere with your capacity to think clearly or to remember.
- Fast weight gain: dopamine deficiency will produce food cravings for sugar and saturated fats. The continuous ingestion of such food types, along with the inactivity and fatigue, will make you gain weight at a very fast rate.
- Oversleeping: dopamine deficiency will create a deficit of important nutrients in the body like iron or zinc which leads to oversleeping. Too much sleep also causes a lack of motivation and a “feeling” that you are unable to deal with life.
- Low sexual desires: low dopamine levels can also produce a lessening of libido (sexual pleasure). This can also lead to procrastination and lack of motivation.
- Depression: it is undoubtedly one of the main symptoms of a dopamine deficiency. Since the body can’t experience pleasure, as usual, moods turn negative quiet fast.
Natural Remedies to Cure Dopamine Deficiency.
If you believe to be suffering low levels of dopamine, you should go to the doctor immediately. Furthermore, there is a list of natural remedies to try at home:
1. Stop Eating too Many Sugars
You already read that high sugar levels disrupt dopamine levels. The so-called “sugar high” is a real thing with terrible consequences. Therefore, lower your sugar intake before you create a sugar addiction. You can do so by taking chromium picolinate supplements which decrease your sugar cravings.
2. Intake Tyrosine
When you have low levels of dopamine, there is no other neurotransmitter to control your mood and your emotions. Brain cells can’t produce dopamine to fix this because there are not enough amino acids (building blocks of protein) for the production process.
Our body uses an amino acid called phenylalanine to create tyrosine which is then transformed into dopamine. With this said, help your body by eating bananas, almonds, apples, cherries, eggs, and yogurt as these have high levels of tyrosine.
3. Stop Drinking Coffee
Whenever you drink coffee, you get a temporary boost of energy which has the same effect as a sugar high. Both of these decrease your dopamine levels. Just switch to ‘decaf’ coffee or stop drinking it altogether.
4. Exercise Every Day
A regular physical activity will increase the blood circulation in the body. This is excellent since it will influence the presence of hormones like dopamine in the brain. The ‘apparent’ absence will force the brain to produce more to fill the gap.
5. Fix your Magnesium Deficiency
Magnesium deficiency will cause low levels of dopamine. Most people that prioritize junk or processed food over organic and healthy food have a magnesium deficiency. Symptoms such as a rapid heartbeat, constipation, fatigue, headaches will indicate this disease.
Test your urine or blood to confirm it. You can fix this problem by adjusting your diet and taking mineral supplements.
6. Take Vitamins
Last but not least, you need to take vitamins like C and E. These have antioxidants that protect the health of the brain cells that produce dopamine. You need to buy multi-vitamins pills to help your neurons. Vitamins are also a natural way to fight off depression.
Conclusion: Dopamine deficiency is a real deal. If you are experiencing any of the signs previously explained, go to the doctor to double check.
Afterward, feel free to adjust your daily routine and food diet according to the natural remedies already pointed out. This disease is easily beaten if you make an effort to cure it. Don’t allow the symptoms to overcome you or it will be too late when you decide to take action.
- https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/ 2
By Daniel G.