Why not try making your own homemade sunscreen this summer? We have a natural and easy recipe for you!
Everyone knows how much vitamin D is vital to our bodies. Well, this is the vitamin that is responsible for building your immune system, strong bones, hormone system and teeth.
In other words, never run away from the sun! That said, too much exposure to the sun may cause burning of the skin or what is otherwise known as sunburns.
Of course, the effects of prolonged exposure are dependent on your factors like skin color and things like the climate of the place you reside at. Your lifestyle also matters.
If you are fond of a beach-hike-swimming-pool lifestyle, then you will surely need a lot of sunscreens to get you covered.
Now, the problem is that there is no perfect sunscreen! In fact, even the all-natural brands out there will still have the ingredients you don’t like. If that is the case, then why not try making your own homemade sunscreen?
Yes, that’s right, you can craft your own sunscreen at home. The beauty is that you do not need to be a chemical expert to succeed in this. It is super simple!
The ingredients are readily available, and they are easy on your skin. So, you do not have to worry about harming your skin. Now, let’s get to work.
These are what you will need for your homemade sunscreen:
Beeswax – just like the normal wax, beeswax is water resistant and gives the sunscreen water resistant effect.
Cocoa butter and coconut oil – Coconut oil protects the skin from damage caused by the sun since it contains stable fats. Cocoa butter will give it that chocolatey scent.
Liquid oil – We use a combination of jojoba, carrot seed, and argan oils. The carrot seed oil contains natural SPF of 38-40 while argan oil is very rich in anti-oxidants. You can opt for these or olive depending on your preferences.
Uncoated non-nano Zinc – is not absorbed into the skin since it has big particles and instead sits on the skin reflecting and absorbing the UV rays.
- You will need 2 ounces of each of the ingredients listed above, a kitchen scale, double boiler and squeeze tubes (optional).
- In a double boiler, melt the beeswax, cocoa butter, and coconut oil.
- Add zinc and stir till lumps are gone.
- Cool mixture, add liquid oil and stir till it is well-mixed.
- Scoop the mixture to your preferred container.
This lotion spreads quite easily, just go for a thin or thick layer depending on how long you will be in the sun.
A thin layer would be the best option albeit with reapplication after every few hours. This sunscreen does not only smell nice, it also works quite well!
- 12 Most Endangered Animals in the World That Are Almost Extinct - October 28, 2017
- Artemisinin: a Cancer-Fighting Substance from a Little-Known Chinese Herb - October 15, 2017
- Hydrotherapy: an Amazingly Simple Way to Boost Your Immunity in Just 15 Seconds a Day - October 12, 2017
Copyright © 2014-2022 Life Advancer. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint, contact us.