It may sound crazy, but pressing certain points on your fingers to alleviate pain is one of the most ancient and established methods of mending.
Jin Shin Jyutsu, or “jumper cables,” is a Japanese method of healing your body by associating every finger on your hand with an organ in your body and a certain feeling.
A simple version of acupressure, Jin Shin Jyutsu is based around 26 points and energy pathways.
The idea is that these processes not only affect the symptoms you may be suffering from but also the attitude behind the symptoms, and, therefore, help to adjust your outlook on pain.
These 26 “locks” are connected to parts of the body where energy can get stuck, and by using both hands on your body you can restart your internal energy and restore the balance within your body.
Recent studies have proven that this form of acupressure has helped patients to overcome mild brain trauma, with evidence that after professional Jin Shin Jyutsu therapy patients showed signs of improved cognitive function.
Some other studies have shown that the practice has helped nurses who were suffering from emotional problems, such as stress. Rediscovered by Master Jiro Murai last century, the process embodies patience, simplicity, calmness, and self-containment, the practice is more of a philosophy of life.
What’s great about Jin Shin Jyutsu is that you can do this yourself – it is both a professional and a self-help method that is harmless and can be practiced at home.
Here are the key points of Jin Shin Jyutsu on your hands, which are often used to complement existing traditional healing methods or medicines.
To access each point, you must touch that finger with your other hand for about 3-5 minutes and take a full breath.
- Organs: stomach and spleen
- Feelings: nervousness, gloom, and concern
- Physical manifestations: stomach throb, migraine, hypochondria and skin issues
- Organs: kidney and bladder
- Feelings: apprehension, disillusionment, and perplexity
- Physical manifestations: muscle torment, back agony, digestion issues and toothache
- Organs: liver and nerve bladder
- Feelings: outrage, sensibility, and uncertainty
- Physical manifestations: menstrual torments, weakness, vision issues, headache or a migraine and issues in the bloodstream
- Organs: digestive organ and lungs
- Feelings: trouble, trepidation of dismissal, concern, and distress
- Physical manifestations: respiratory issues, skin illnesses, ear murmuring, processing issues, and asthma
- Organs: small intestine and heart
- Feelings: tension, apprehension, concern, and absence of self-confidence
- Physical manifestations: throat pain, flatulence, heart illnesses and issues with your bones
Image Credits: http://www.clipjoint.biz/jin-shin-jyutsu-self-help-simply-hold-your-fingers.html
By Charlotte H.
Copyright © 2014-2019 Life Advancer. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint, contact us.