Want to get rid of cough naturally and don’t know how? Try these amazing homemade honey wraps!
For centuries, honey has been used for treating different conditions in alternative medicine around the globe. Other than taking honey orally, many alternative medicine experts know that it has a great influence on our organism even when used by applying it to our skin.
One of the most powerful ways to use honey as a medicine is to use it to get rid of cough and mild cold.
The basis of the treatment of a cough is a natural method, which has been used to treat diseases of respiratory system for centuries.
Honey has a high biological activity, and with the help of coating can eject phlegm, which is accompanied by severe spells of coughing. Honey wraps are an excellent way to get rid of cough, literally in one night. They are recommended for both children and adults.
How to make honey wraps
To prepare honey wrap you will need:
- Organic raw honey
- Coconut or olive oil
- Clean cotton cloth
- Napkin and a plaster tape
How to prepare it:
- Mix the flour with a small amount of honey, so you get a thick mixture. The mixture should not stick to your hands. You can add a little oil and then add more flour if needed.
- Place the mixture on a napkin and wrap it. Put it in a cotton cloth. Fix the mixture to the upper part of patients back and fix it with a plaster tape. make sure that the wrap is not in the position of the heart but slightly up from it. It’s recommended to wear cotton pajama.
- Leave this wrap for 2-3 hours if you are treating a child. Adults can keep it on the whole night. For adults, you can add some mustard powder for the enhanced effect.
This treatment can cause the patient to sweat excessively. Therefore, it is good to use special sheets or to cover the bed with paper sheets which are usually sold in pharmacies or drugstores.
These homemade honey wraps have anti-inflammatory action and also a slight warming effect. Visible positive results will appear in the initial stage of the disease, which passes without complications.
Treatment can be repeated for several days in a row, but, after the first time, the patient will note substantial relief.
When should you use homemade honey wraps?
A typical symptom of a cold and flu is a cough. When coughing, honey wraps can be used really efficiently. If you want to use these wraps for the children, have in mind that children have to be older than 6 months. Make sure that the child does not have skin diseases and injuries of the skin!
Another dangerous side effect could be the clergy to bee products that some children often develop. In order to test if your child has this kind of allergy, place a small amount of honey to the child’s skin for a few minutes.
If the skin reacts with redness, swelling or any other unusual reaction, this means that the child is allergic to bee products and this kind of treatment cannot be performed on this child.
Another thing to have in mind is the temperature of the child. If the child has a fever that is greater than 37 degrees Celsius or 98,6 degrees Fahrenheit.
This easy and efficient technique to get rid of cough can be performed without a limit, whenever you are feeling that your respiratory system need a little help. A teaspoon of honey in the morning, followed by a glass of lukewarm water with lemon will also help in any case of a cold or flu which is followed by a cough.
- 12 Reasons to Stay Hydrated: What Dehydration Does to Your Body - May 27, 2017
- Eating Ice Cream for Breakfast Can Make You Smarter, Study Finds - May 12, 2017
- Study: Prisoners Get Outdoors More Frequently Than Children - March 29, 2017
Copyright © 2014-2020 Life Advancer. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint, contact us.