It’s cold and flu season, and if you can’t afford to get sick or you want to speed along your healing process, here are five naturally healing remedies that are sure to work.
5 Most Effective Cold & Flu Remedies:
1. Boost your Immunity:
Ditch the sugary, chewable orange-flavored tablets and opt instead for a high-quality Vitamin C product. You can take up to 1000mg per day spread out in 500mg doses throughout the day.
Zinc is also great for helping to reduce the duration of colds – adults are recommended to take 20-40 mg per day.
2. A Sore Throat and Cough Remedy:
The key ingredients in this remedy are – turmeric, honey, lemon, and ginger. Turmeric is an anti-inflammatory and will help reduce bronchial and throat inflammation. Honey and lemon are both soothing to the throat and anti-bacterial.
Ginger is a powerful pain reliever and can help speed along the healing process. To make the drink simply boil hot water, add a slice of lemon, slice of ginger, slice of fresh turmeric (or a pinch of turmeric powder) and a tsp or so of honey. Mix together and sip up to 3 times per day.
3. Fight off Infections and Viruses:
Garlic is natures antibiotic, it is also anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory and anti-viral. To consume it raw, simply mince up a clove of garlic in olive oil or honey. Repeat this a few times per day.
While fresh garlic is great, it can be difficult to consume a lot of it, if the taste is unappealing to opt instead for garlic tablets. Cooked garlic like in soups etc. also works well.
4. Clearing Congestion:
If your throat, nose, and head are all congested this remedy will help to relieve and soften the mucus. Take a bowl of hot water and add a few drops of peppermint, lavender, lemon and eucalyptus oil. Place a towel over your head and inhale the vapor as it feels comfortable.
Gently blow your nose and massage your forehead to help push mucus out. You can also make a chest or forehead rub of the same essential oils mixed with a carrier oil such as almond or coconut oil.
5. Flu Busting Soup:
When you have the flu, the best thing you can do for your body is rest and consume healthy, flu-fighting foods such as- onions, garlic, ginger, lemon, herbal teas and fruits, and vegetables.
Here is a recipe for a flu-busting soup that can help alleviate symptoms and speed up healing time:
- Place 1 large chopped brown onion and 20 cloves of chopped garlic into a heavy-based saucepan.
- Saute in olive oil or coconut oil for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 tbsp turmeric powder, a pinch of Himalayan pink salt and pepper.
- Saute for another 5 minutes.
- Add a bunch of fresh herbs including sage, rosemary, and thyme, along with 2-3 chopped carrots, 2-3 celery stalks, 1/2 medium butternut squash, 2 tbs fresh ginger, 1 tsp lemon rind.
- Allow to sweat with the lid on for 20 minutes.
- Add 2 cups (or more) of either fresh chicken or vegetable stock.
- Simmer for 45 min to aa1hr adding more stock if needed.
- Take off heat, remove herb stalks and puree. Return to heat, warm and serve.
Author Bio: Tanaaz Is a writer, intuitive astrologer, oracle card reader, conscious life coach and the creator of Forever Conscious.
- Why Do Children Lie? The Science of Deceptive Behavior - May 10, 2020
- Science-Backed Negative Effects of Technology on Mental Health - April 30, 2020
- How to Be More Grateful and Feel Happier with What You Have - January 23, 2020
Copyright © 2014-2020 Life Advancer. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint, contact us.