If you’re one of the many people consistently looking for ways to save money and recycle items right in your home, those used dryer sheets can come in handy.
They are small enough to not take up much space, yet large enough to tackle any cleaning job. Check out these three amazing uses for used dryer sheets throughout your home.
Clean Around Your Home Using Fewer Chemicals
It’s enough that cleaning is a chore, but then you have to spend money on cleaning items? No thanks. There are many cleaning chores you can take advantage of using your used dryer sheets. This is an excellent way to get more bang for your buck! Here are some ways you can clean with them around your home:
- Make shower doors and showerheads sparkle using a damp dryer sheet. It helps to remove soap scum and hard water stains.
- Eliminate the scouring pads by filling your burnt pots and pans with hot water and throwing in a dryer sheet. Let it soak overnight, and by morning all of the gunk will be floating. Then, take a wooden spoon or a spatula and scrape any excess gunk from the bottom.
- Pots and pans can be brought back to new by rubbing a dryer sheet over it. All of the calcium deposits will come right off.
Keep the Bugs Out
You may have heard of using lavender or basil essential oil to make a homemade bug repellant. Well, that’s because they both have a toxin in them called beta-citronellol and linalool. These two are excellent at repelling mosquitos as well as other insects and animals such as spiders, rats, and squirrels.
Fortunately for you, if you don’t have either handy, you can use old dryer sheets. They contain these two powerful compounds as well. Place them around your home, especially in your closets and basement areas.
Keep Dust From Filtering Through Your Home
Your used dryer sheets are excellent resources for dusting instead of purchasing Swiffer products or smelly furniture polish. The static absorbs the dust particles and prevents dust from resettling on them.
Run the used dryer sheets across your tables and appliances to pick up dust without falling on the floor. Also, they make it easy to clean your blinds, window sills, lamp shades, and ceiling fan blades. If you have pets, they help get pet hair up from couches. And, the fresh scent will stick to your furniture!
As a last tip, place a used dryer sheet right on your HVAC vent so it can help filter the dust particles and scent the air each day. As you know, many companies advise keeping your home as dust-free as possible to keep your furnace running smoothly.
And there you have it — so many outstanding uses of used dryer sheets. You can keep the used ones in a shoe box with a lid or other container to preserve the freshness.
- 3 Ways to Boost Productivity at Work - November 29, 2021
- 5 Simple Ways to Calm Your Mind Before Bed - September 14, 2021
- Buying a Gift for a Child? Consider These 6 Factors - August 26, 2021
Copyright © 2014-2021 Life Advancer. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint, contact us.