There is one simple exercise you need to be doing that will improve your life more than you could have ever imagined.
Calm an over-active mind, unlock your subconscious, find answers to your problems and develop your intuitive abilities by completing this well-known and, at the same time, simple exercise on a daily basis.
Free writing, automatic writing, morning pages – are a few of the names this exercise is referred to and is as simple as it sounds.
When you first wake up, without doing anything else, start writing. Put pen to paper and write everything that enters your mind, whilst you’re still in that sleepy ‘just awoken’ phase.
Don’t pick up your phone or your tablet and write on there, get an actual notebook or pad of paper and a physical pen – it will help you connect with what you’re writing and your mind will work a lot cleaner than if it is focusing on technology.
Each morning write between 3-5 pages without stopping. Even if you run out of things to write about, just go where your thoughts take you and empty your mind onto the paper as quickly and seamlessly as you possibly can.
This incessant writing will begin to reveal the deeper thoughts and feelings of your subconscious mind – whether that will be old resentments, fears, negative thoughts, things that have been bothering you, dreams or simply streams of consciousness that seem irrelevant.
Pay attention to the energy around you as you are writing and become open to the process of emptying your mind onto the page.
It may be interesting to read through what you have written at the end of each week, for example, but it isn’t necessary if you don’t feel like you want to do so. Simply empty your mind and you will find yourself answering questions and problems you’ve been thinking consciously about for great periods of time.
“It is impossible to write morning pages for an extended period of time without coming into contact with an unexpected inner power.” – Julia Cameron
1. Every morning when you first wake up, grab your notebook from beside your bed and write between 3 – 5 pages without stopping.
2. Give yourself the freedom to write whatever enters your mind without holding back. Nobody else should read this and you shouldn’t worry that they will. Just focus on writing what comes into your mind at that current moment.
3. Feel free to re-read what you write if you feel it is necessary, but don’t get caught up on the reading. Simply write it so you can let it go.
4. Repeat this simple exercise every day for one month so you can see the difference it makes to your life. You’ll notice your thoughts become more coherent and you’ll find answers to things you’ve been pondering for days.
- What a Fulfilling Life Actually Means & 10 Secrets to Living It - February 20, 2019
- 5 Common Causes of Failed Marriage and How You Can Avoid It - February 18, 2019
- What Is Hygge Lifestyle And How To Introduce It To Your Life - January 27, 2019
Copyright © 2014-2022 Life Advancer. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint, contact us.