These quotes by famous authors will inspire you and help you build up your self-confidence.
Whether you like to read books and quotes by famous authors or not, let me ask you a question. How many life-changing occasions have you missed because of your low self-esteem?
This is a common question today. Many people find themselves wondering that. Are we brave enough to learn another language at an older age in life? Are we confident enough to play an instrument on the street and make people smile?
We think too much about the other people’s opinions and we lose our own identity. We are reticent to make a move that is outside of our own box.
One of my favourite books is “The Light in the Heart,” by Roy T. Bennett. One of the quotes in the book, “If you want to be happy, do not dwell in the past, do not worry about the future, focus on living fully in the present” made me change my perception about the things that I can do, but I find myself not doing because of fear and shyness.
After reading it, I have discovered my new passions and emotions and learned to accept them.
So what can help you if you’ve lost faith in yourself?
Here are 15 quotes by famous authors that will make you believe in yourself again:
1. “Your time is way too valuable to be wasting on people that can’t accept who you are.” – TurcoisOminek
Many of us listen to our peers’ opinions to the point where they cancel out ours. Then we stop, rethink our position, compare it to the exterior opinions, and take the decision. Doing this might imperil our chance to stay true to our own opinion.
2. “Your success depends mainly upon what you think of yourself and whether you believe in yourself.” – William J. H. Boetcker
What we think, we become. If you do not believe in yourself yet, you should definitely take a look in the mirror and see how beautiful and strong you are. I am sure that you have been through a lot of difficulties during your life. Now it is the time to start believing in yourself. If you do not, who will?
3. “Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life.” – Omar Khayyam
Feel disappointed? Take a moment and thank for the opportunity to feel something that intense. It means that you are alive. Now take a deep breath and smile.
You are a wonderful person who needs some time to recover. That’s it. Leave that beautiful smile on your face and give this critical moment time to pass.
4. “Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.” – Soren Kierkegaard
Many people exist, but few live. While we are waiting for the storm to pass, we might lose the chance to dance in the rain. Enjoy every moment of your life and feel grateful for every opportunity life offers you.
Do not say “another day has passed.” Say “one beautiful day has passed. There are more to come.”
5. “Always say ‘yes’ to the present moment… Surrender to what is. Say ‘yes’ to life – and see how life starts suddenly to start working for you rather than against you.” – Eckhart Tolle
Before making a decision, balance the pros and cons. If there are more pluses than minuses, take the opportunity and experience the life you have. “What if?” is not a question you want to ask yourself later in life.Make the best out of the present moment!
6. “If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.” – Milton Berle
Govern your life and your decisions. Get out of your comfort zone and purchase your dream. You feel scared? Good. Because that means you are after something really important.
7. “The more you feed your mind with positive thoughts, the more you can attract great things into your life.” – Roy T. Bennett
Positivity attracts positivity. Follow the path that makes you happy and stay an incurable optimist! That way, beautiful things will show up. And remember: focus on the small things! They bring us the most happiness.
8. “Be mindful. Be grateful. Be positive. Be true. Be kind.”- Roy T. Bennett
Five words, one meaning: peacefulness. Mindfulness: feed your mind with brightness and wisdom. Gratefulness: thank for everything you have, even if you are in an inconvenient mood.
Positivity: remember all the good things that happened to you and believe that they will keep happening. Truthfulness: stay true to yourself, no matter what. Kindness: be kind to the people around you. Love them.
9. “You willed yourself to where you are today, so will yourself out of it.”- Stephen Richards
If you are having a hard time today, that means that somewhere in the past you created this situation. Analyze your current position and learn from your mistakes. Write down your past experiences and the things you can improve in the future. Recognize your errors and accept them. Grow!
10. “The goal is to learn to be nurturing with yourself so you can feel free.” – Deborah Day
Freeing yourself is feeding yourself with positivity. Your sadness will eventually pass, and then you will be one step closer to freedom. Take mature decisions and never let yourself influenced by others. Do you hear me? Never!
11. “We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves.” – Dalai Lama
You are the sun of your galaxy. The change you need in your life right now starts from your thoughts and your feelings. If you are at peace with yourself, everything else is going to be all right.
12. “Happiness is a habit – cultivate it.” – Elbert Hubbard
Happiness will keep you alive! Begin your search for happiness by accepting that it is a state of mind. Every person has a different perception of it. Find your happiness and cultivate it! Find your specific mechanisms to make it work and maintain it.
13. “The further you get away from yourself, the more challenging it is. Not to be in your comfort zone is great fun.” – Benedict Cumberbatch
The most extraordinary feeling is to be challenged by yourself. You prove yourself wrong. Isn’t that funny? You are sad, heads up and go on. Life is a beautiful rollercoaster with ups and downs. Get over it. You need to prove that to your future self.
14. “Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” – Marcel Proust
Dostoyevsky once said, “You are the sum of the five people that surround you.” It is one of the best quotes I know. Your friends are your reflection. Pay attention to who surrounds you.
If you have just realized that there is one person in your life that needs to go, let her go. There is always going to be someone better that will fulfill the empty space. Trust your instincts!
15. “It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.”- André Gide
These successful and famous authors said a lot of things in just a few words. In the end, they make you remember one thing: yourself is the best self that you can be.
Never let that go. Stay true and if you find yourself proving to your “friends” who you truly are, walk away. You do not need to demonstrate that to anybody. The right people already know that.
I would like to end this list of quotes by famous authors with a well-known quote by Audrey Hepburn: “Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m possible’!” Remember this whenever you are tempted to say “no.” Everything is possible if you believe in it.
Please feel free to comment below any tips or suggestions you might have or your favorite quotes by famous authors. We cannot wait to hear your opinion!
Author Bio: The guest author of this article is Julie Petersen, the author of blog askpetersen.com and a passionate writer who dreams to change the world. She helps people to find motivation, overcome their fears and succeed in their career and education.
Copyright © 2014-2019 Life Advancer. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint, contact us.