This amazing infographic by WellHome.com will help us save energy by illustrating the differences between the many choices in home lighting.
We can reduce our environmental impact and also lower our energy bills with the use of efficient lighting options. Home lighting is an underrated part of home energy efficiency that can be easily overlooked by “larger” issues, such as heating and cooling.
However, investing in more energy-efficient lighting can significantly lower your energy usage and even impact how you feel. This infographic will teach you about different types of lighting and how you can convert your home into a “greener” place to live simply through lighting.
Understanding Light Bulbs
Power of light source: A foot-candle is the measurement of the intensity of illumination.
- 5-20 foot candles of illumination allow you to find your way at night.
The flow of light energy: Lumen measures the amount of light emitted by a light bulb.
- 100-watt incandescent bulbs emit 1750 lumens.
Illumination on the surface: Illumination is the distribution of light on a horizontal surface.
- Why Do Children Lie? The Science of Deceptive Behavior - May 10, 2020
- Science-Backed Negative Effects of Technology on Mental Health - April 30, 2020
- How to Be More Grateful and Feel Happier with What You Have - January 23, 2020
Copyright © 2014-2020 Life Advancer. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint, contact us.