Being single sometimes can bring a number of benefits and mean an easier and happier life even though single people are too often stereotyped and stigmatized.
You may be surprised, but a lot of people actually choose to remain single. We tend to pity those without a partner and encourage them not to give up; we tell them that they will find true love and be happy with someone.
But they really need our pity?! Did you know, that, for example, in the USA, there are more unmarried people aged 16 and older than there are married Americans?
Maybe, it has got something to do with the fact that some people may not want to get married and prefer to stay single?
Various studies suggest that happily married people are healthier than singles and less likely to have chronic diseases than their single peers.
However, recent research points to the fact that we’re not all meant for relationships—and the many benefits of staying single. You can have a very exciting and fulfilling life when you are single.
Being unmarried or single is not always a disaster – it can, in fact, have benefits!
It can be absolutely amazing to be in a relationship, but there are many times when being single has more benefits. Relationships have their downfalls, and even though couples are always smiling, blissful, and happy on social media or in public, every relationship has its more complicated dark side.
People in a relationship often assume or expect that their partner will meet their needs—that he or she will take care of certain things, or they’ll figure out any issues together. So there may be a lot of stress of problematic partnerships, which often comes from the misplaced expectations.
Therefore, being single can mean a much easier and happier life than being married or in a relationship. It’s a shame that so many people view relationships as the best part of life.
There is no arguing, it can be so; but it does not necessarily always have to! Being single allows you to experience so much that is often simply not possible when subjected to the financial and emotional pressures of supporting and maintaining a relationship.
Far from being a temporary state that merely fills the inconvenient bit in between relationships, this time can be used to grow and evolve beyond the realms of those consumed and caged by societal expectations.
Here are a few reasons why a lot of people enjoy being single!
- You can do things that YOU want to do and live your life how YOU want to live it.
- You can truly learn to love yourself and your independence.
- Self-love is a real thing and honestly – it’s more reliable and fulfilling than a lot of romantic relationships.
- The only person you have to spoil is yourself.
- You can invest more time in building meaningful friendships.
- You don’t have to deal with drama.
- You have time for yourself.
- There’s no one to be jealous.
- You can have more money to spend on yourself.
- You don’t feel responsible for another person.
- You can allow yourself to be selfish.
- You do not have to worry if anyone disapproves of your decisions.
- You may become more successful at work as you will have more time to concentrate on it.
- You can create your own routine and stick to it much easier.
- You can dedicate more time to studies and develop your skills.
- You can spend more time with your family.
- 7 Relationship Myths You Should Stop Believing to Be Happy - October 18, 2016
- Why Do Opposites Attract? Science Finally Has the Answer - October 11, 2016
- Why Everyone Is Suddenly Putting Honey in Coffee - October 9, 2016
Copyright © 2014-2020 Life Advancer. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint, contact us.