Success is defined differently for everyone; however, facing difficulties on the road to success is a common denominator for anyone pursuing his or her passions.
What separates those who see their dreams through and those who don’t is the ability to do what others will not. Everyone can dream of eventual success, but accomplishing one’s goals requires taking on the difficult tasks and functions for which many people do not have the courage or stamina.
Winston Churchill said, “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.”
Taking on the hard tasks time and time again is what defines a person’s character and generates the most rewarding results. Success is not a tangible product. It is a lifestyle and a mindset. And those who have found their version of success did not avoid the most difficult steps.
Here are the 30 hardest things you need to do to be successful:
1. End friendships if they are not beneficial to your overall goals.
2. Prove the doubters right by making mistakes, before proving them wrong in the long run.
3. Realize if you are unable to maintain a romantic relationship.
4. Avoid the “fake it ’til you make it” belief and focus only on making it.
5. Allow the idea of “the greater the risk, the greater the reward” to lead your actions.
6. Fail with your head held high.
7. Wake up earlier than others.
8. Maintain self-worth even when nobody else sees your value.
9. Talk about ideas, not people.
10. Put in more than you get in return at first.
11. Stick to a strict schedule, even if it takes less time for excessive fun and relaxation.
12. Over-deliver, don’t over-promise.
13. Respect the competition.
14. Support the success of others, rather than hoping they fail.
15. Understand that the first version of your idea may not be the best.
16. Sacrifice your social life and weekends.
17. Admit you need help and ask others for guidance.
18. Turn the complex into simple, so people can best share your vision.
19. Be accountable for all failures without blaming others.
20. Accept insecurity and fear as unavoidable emotions.
21. Don’t actively seek credit for success.
22. Track finances to the penny.
23. Celebrate the small victories even if the end goal is far away.
24. Don’t spread yourself too thin.
25. Embrace change and adapt accordingly.
26. Place money at the end of your priority list.
27. Don’t overthink and learn to trust your gut feeling.
28. Do what others would say is an impossible task, without making excuses or feeling like a victim.
29. Get up after getting knocked down, stronger and more prepared than before.
30. Smile at the people who doubt your abilities.
Copyright © 2014-2019 Life Advancer. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint, contact us.