Did you know that Baking soda could be used for other purposes other than baking?
Well, scientists have long known its health and healing benefits. In fact, there are some great ways to use baking soda at home with hair treatment and personal care being some good examples. The beauty is that it is cheap to acquire and when used, it takes a shorter time to achieve the desired results.
Using baking soda as hair shampoo.
It can be used to improve hair quality. You can use it to clean hair instead of shampoo or conditioner. As a matter of fact, after a couple of treatments, the hair will shine! Furthermore, baking soda prevents the use of harmful chemicals on hair that can damage it. It can prove to be hard to wash hair without the shampoo foam at first but with a little patience the final results will be good.
Recipe and instructions
- Mix one part of baking soda with three parts of water in a small squeeze bottle-This is good for shoulder length hair.
- Apply the mixture of homemade shampoo to your hair when it is either dry or wet. Leave for 2-3 minutes, and then rinse it well with warm water since it removes all the remains.
- After rinsing the hair well, you can apply vinegar.
- Mix 1 part of Apple Cider Vinegar with 4 parts of water
- Just in case you don’t fancy the smell of vinegar you can add lavender or peppermint to the mixture. Tilt the head back to avoid chances of vinegar dripping into your eyes.
Baking soda can also be used for personal cleaning of the body.
- You can make your own toothpaste out of it, which is an alternative to fluoride-based toothpaste. By putting one teaspoonful in a half full of water and gargling, any bad mouth odor will be neutralized.
- Soaking oral appliances in baking soda loosens food particles and neutralizes odors that keep appliances fresh. Warm water should be used and use baking soda to brush appliances clean.
- For body cleaning use it on your underarms. Do an invigorating body and facial scrub. Use daily to exfoliate skin.
- It can relieve heartburn, sour stomach and indigestion and itchy skin-just rub baking soda solution the affected part and all will be well.
Baking soda is the cheapest alternative to other chemicals and the good thing is that it works pretty well!
By Egline J.