If caught a cold, this natural homemade syrup for sore throat and cough will work and make you feel better fast.
Flu can bring out the worst out of anyone! Think of those disturbing symptoms you get every time you have the flu.
Think of a sore throat and cough, running nose, blocked airways and others that can render you unproductive for days. Unfortunately, Flu is a virus meaning that there is no cure but some over the counter medications can help you speed up your recovery.
The other great option would be to go natural and luckily, there is one very easy solution you can try. Well, we have that natural way to help with the symptoms, especially the sore throat and cough, that might come along with the flu.
The real beauty is that the ingredients for the homemade syrup for sore throat are readily available and very cheap. All you need is honey, lemon juice, and coconut oil. These three will work fast and leave you feeling better in no time.
In fact, there are some reasons why we use these three ingredients for our homemade syrup:
This is known to be one of the most natural antiviral, anti-allergy and antimicrobial ingredients you can get around. Now you know why some people use this on the face as a mask to seal pores and reduce acne. Also, If taken raw, honey can reduce allergies and improve the body’s immunity.
2. Lemon (lemon juice)
Naturally extracted lemon juice from the raw lemon helps the body in boosting immunity and just like honey, it has antiviral and antibacterial properties. In fact, it is the best fit for you if you are struggling with a stuffy nose.
3. Coconut oil
Just like all our other ingredients, coconut oil has antiviral and antibacterial properties. It has some vital acids in it such as capric acid, caprylic acid, and lauric acid.
Lauric acid is the most useful since it will help reduce the length of the sickness while it can also prevent recurring colds. It also has antioxidants that will contribute to improving your immune system.
What you will need to make homemade syrup for sore throat & cough:
What to do:
- In a small saucepan, mix all the ingredients and heat over with low heat until the coconut oil is melted and all the ingredients are well mixed together.
- This is ready to be taken, let it cool for a minute and take the warm syrup by the spoonful.
- This can also be added to hot tea or water and sipped slowly.
- You can also store the syrup in a refrigerator and warm it whenever you need to consume.
All our ingredients have properties that blend in well with each other making this syrup perfect for boosting immunity and aiding your recovery from a cold. Try this syrup when you have sore throat and cough and see how it works for you.
- 12 Most Endangered Animals in the World That Are Almost Extinct - October 28, 2017
- Artemisinin: a Cancer-Fighting Substance from a Little-Known Chinese Herb - October 15, 2017
- Hydrotherapy: an Amazingly Simple Way to Boost Your Immunity in Just 15 Seconds a Day - October 12, 2017
Copyright © 2014-2020 Life Advancer. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint, contact us.