Shroom tea and other mushroom-based drinks are the newest health food craze to hit the Western world.
Lattes, potions, creams and tonics containing mushroom have exceptional healing benefits according to health practitioners. The same is true about shroom tea and other similar drinks.
The mushrooms with the most significant health benefits are Reishi, Chaga, Lion’s mane, and Cordyceps.
These particular mushrooms have been used in Chinese medicine for centuries and they are still used for: strengthening the immune system, increasing focus, concentration, and memory, spirituality and can help with athletic performance.
This is a great mushroom to take daily as it helps with improving and strengthening your immune system. Research shows that reishi mushrooms help those with an autoimmune condition as it has the ability to balance and adjust the immune system. It is also great to take to avoid catching the flu and with allergies.
This mushroom has two nerve growth factors within it and could be used in the treatment of Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s disease. Lion’s mane has been used throughout Asia for centuries. This mushroom is also fantastic for wound healing, fat metabolism, and depression.
This mushroom is fantastic for improving lung function. It’s a great option if you are recovering from illness and need a boost. It can also be used if you are having a stressful period in your life.
So how are mushrooms made into lattes and potions?
Shroom tea is made using dried mushrooms and non-caffeinated tea. For a mushroom latte, simply acquire some of your favorite mushrooms in powder form, stir into milk and use a sweetener as mushrooms are slightly bitter.
Below is a nice recipe for a shroom tea to make at home:
- 1 ½ cups of cashew milk
- 1 tablespoon chia seed
- one tablespoon ground flax seed
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon of powdered cordyceps, reishi, and Chaga.
Blend all the ingredients in a blender. You may need to adjust sweetness with honey.
This drink can be served cold over ice, or gently heated on the stove.
What might you notice once you start your mushroom journey?
1. You may notice you are more calm and relaxed. If you introduce Reishi into your diet you may feel a lot more relaxed with more energy than you did before. This type of mushroom is quite milky so it’s great to add with coffee or tea.
2. You might appreciate the ritual factor. Those who incorporate mushrooms into their life have noticed they look into as many ways as possible of having mushroom products. Many believe that as mushrooms are totally natural there is something more to them than taking a supplement.
3. Your skin might alter significantly. Reishi and Chaga are known to really help your skin and reduce inflammation. This could be down to helping with balancing your hormones and both mushrooms are also good with reducing stress, which will have a positive effect on your skin.
4. Your digestion may improve. It is likely to be a subtle difference but mushrooms will make a subtle change to your digestion and you will probably find yourself not realizing it has improved.
Unless you are allergic to mushrooms it is definitely worth trying to incorporate some of these mushrooms into your diet. Whether through a shroom tea, coffee or potion.
- Why Low Vitamin D Levels Can Be Dangerous and How to Keep Them in Check - December 11, 2018
- What Are Brassica Vegetables and Why You Should Add More of Them to Your Diet - December 10, 2018
- How to Grow Long Hair with These 7 Natural Tips and Remedies - November 25, 2018
Copyright © 2014-2022 Life Advancer. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint, contact us.