Do you have a horrible build-up of tartar on your teeth?
You will know if you do, because it is a horrible yellow/brown mineral deposit found on your teeth, and can usually be found on the back of your teeth.
It is a common problem caused by inefficient brushing and a bad diet, which if left untreated can cause periodontitis.
Periodontitis is inflammation and infection of the ligament and alveolar bone that supports the teeth, which can, in fact, be prevented by avoiding the build-up of tartar on your teeth.
Many people go to the dentist to have tartar removed, but you can, in fact, treat it yourself. Be aware, however, that these treatments will only achieve a fraction of the results a dentist can, there is no more effective way of removing tartar than visiting your dentist.
There are plenty of options you can use to remove tartar at home, all you need is:
Here are some simple methods to remove tartar:
1. Mix a cup of hydrogen peroxide with ½ a cup of warm water, rinse your mouth for one minute, spit and then rinse again with a ½ cup of cool water.
2. Mix a tablespoon of baking soda with a ½ teaspoon of salt in a cup, rinse your toothbrush with warm water, and dip it into the mix. Then brush your teeth and spit. The treatment should take about five minutes.
3. Rinse your mouth with a natural antiseptic mouthwash every second day.
4. Use a dental pick to remove the tartar, but be careful not to scrape your gums.
To keep your teeth clean and healthy and prevent the build-up of tartar, try these insider tips:
1. Eat Cheese
Eating Swiss or Cheddar cheese before a meal helps to neutralize the acids that lead to tartar.
2. Strawberries and Tomatoes
Strawberries and tomatoes are rich in vitamin C, they help to keep your teeth white and soften tartar. Rub them on your teeth and leave them for five minutes. This technique also works with other food that is high in vitamin C.
3. Dental Floss
Flossing your teeth twice a day after brushing helps to prevent the build-up of tartar, practice your technique and it should only take 30 seconds to do.
4. Eat Spicy Food
Eating chili triggers your saliva glands, which helps to clean your mouth naturally.
Copyright © 2014-2020 Life Advancer. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint, contact us.