Relieve foot pain fast and easily by using the top 10 natural remedies below.
Most of these techniques can be done in the comfort of your home. Let’s get started!
1. Foot Massage
Foot reflexology studies show massaging the feet correctly can be relaxing and therapeutic. It is indicated for ankle injuries, plantar fasciitis, and your every day sore feet.
2. Calendula Cream
Calendula cream is an organic cream which contains anti-inflammatory properties. It can be massaged into the feet to relieve foot pain. Calendula cream can be used as needed throughout the day.
3. TED Hose
TED (Thrombo-Embolic Deterrent) hose or compression socks are ideal for improving circulation. They reduce the incidence of deep vein thrombosis (blood clots) and give relief from foot pain.
4. Hot and Cold Therapy
Hot therapy such as hot water will improve circulation in the foot and cold therapy such as ice will decrease inflammation. The combination is easy and can be done at home to relieve foot pain.
5. Taking Breaks
Sometimes your feet just need a break. Depending on your occupation, you could very well have up to 20 hours of standing time on your feet. Pull out a chair, elevate your feet and keep off of them for at least 20 minutes at some point throughout your day.
6. Essential Oil Therapy
Essential oil therapy is a popular choice for ailments such as the flu, headaches and muscle aches. It also happens to be a very effective treatment against foot pain, especially when combined with a foot massage. Essential oils to sue foot pain are Lavender, Eucalyptus, Chamomile, Peppermint, and Sandalwood.
7. Tea Therapy
Similar to using essential oils, you can fill a basin (big enough for two feet) with anti-inflammatory loose tea leaves or tea bags. Green Tea and Ginger are best known to reduce inflammation and decrease pain.
8. Proper Foot Wear
Wearing the wrong shoes can exacerbate foot pain, cause wear and tear on your hips and damage to joints. This is particularly true for people suffering from arthritic pains. It is essential for the right shoe to have arch support, a roomy toe box and cushioning. Having the right shoe will reduce or eliminate all foot pain.
9. Toe Exercises
Yes, your toes can be exercised. Toe exercises should be done daily to improve flexibility in the ankle, feet, and toes.
- Big Toe – On a smooth surface (not carpet), place your big toe under your foot and keep it there for a few minutes.
- Little Toes – On a smooth surface (not carpet), place your 4 little toes under your foot and keep them there for a minute.
10. Foot Stretches
Similar to toe exercises, foot stretches also increase flexibility in the ankle, foot, and toes. These exercises require a little bit more of the body than just the toes.
- Heel exercise – Sit on your heels and lay back gently as far as you can. This stretches your hips and heels.
- Full foot exercises – Begin with standing straight, bring your body down as if to sit but support yourself on the back of your heels with toes straight forward. Once relaxed, gently move toes around.
These natural remedies to relieve foot pain are easy and effective. Each remedy can be done in the comfort of your own home or when you need it the most.
Which foot pain remedy did you like the most? Let us know in the comment area.
- 10 Substance Withdrawal Symptoms and How to Get Through - April 17, 2020
- 9 Marriage Issues That Could Destroy Your Relationship - April 11, 2020
- 9 CBD Benefits That Can Improve Your Overall Health and Life - March 31, 2020
Copyright © 2014-2020 Life Advancer. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint, contact us.