Have you ever tried to make flavored water at home?
Water doesn’t have a taste but ironically, it happens to be the answer to many health problems and the reason why the universe is still surviving.
Sugary liquids is not an option to substitute water but most people tend to drink tea, soda, coffee, and other drinks in the hope of replacing water but unfortunately, they can’t.
The good news is that there are ways to make flavored water at home, which will be tastier and fun to drink.
Do you want to know the trick? Well, the secret is in herbs, fruits, vegetables, and some natural spices.
The best herbs to try are rosemary, basil, parsley, thyme, cilantro, and mint. The fruits can be melons, berries, apples, tropical fruits, and pears.
Well, let’s see how easily you can make flavored water at home!
How to prepare
Whether you choose a spice, vegetable, fruit or herb depending on what works for you, make sure to go for the fresh ones.
Avoid buying overly ripe fruits or herbs that are no longer fresh. Give them a good wash to avoid contaminating the drink.
- Put them in a bottle, most preferably glass bottles or lidded jars.
- You can then add clean and cool water in the bottle, either filtered or tap water depending on what is available at the moment. You ought to be patient in order to let the flavors infuse. Some may take longer than others.
- You can keep the drink in a fridge if you want to use it later. The drink can be taken at any time of the day. The bottled can as well be refilled if you still need to taste the flavor, though it won’t be as intense as the first fill.
Some of the popular flavors put together are citrus cilantro, blueberry lemon mint, pineapple cucumber mint, and green apple raspberry rosemary and kiwi blackberry.
Other better ideas are Orange chai spice, vanilla basil strawberry, basil lemon, lemon lavender, fennel pear, blueberry cucumber basil, mango pineapple mint, apple cinnamon.
Most of the flavors are affordable and can be acquired easily at grocery stores since they are best when fresh. The flavors also come with their own health benefits; some are very nutritious and help keep many diseases away, ranging from cancer to diabetes.
Some being the best antioxidants, keeping you looking young and healthy all the time. Water can never be the same again when you try infused water.
- 12 Most Endangered Animals in the World That Are Almost Extinct - October 28, 2017
- Artemisinin: a Cancer-Fighting Substance from a Little-Known Chinese Herb - October 15, 2017
- Hydrotherapy: an Amazingly Simple Way to Boost Your Immunity in Just 15 Seconds a Day - October 12, 2017
Copyright © 2014-2020 Life Advancer. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint, contact us.