Cleaning is never easy and it takes a lot of effort. You may be wondering, how to clean your house fast? Here is an illustrated step-by-step guide.
Cleaning requires an enormous amount of time which you always run short off in your busy schedules. You work long hours and simply can’t get around to household tasks that seem to keep piling up.
Learn how to clean your house fast now!
The Tools You Need (the artillery)
- Music keeps you in mood and in a state of flow, people like to put on a good playlist to keep them motivated. In fact, music also makes cleaning easier! Maybe throw on your favorite Spotify playlist that lasts for an hour before you begin. When the playlist ends, you’ll be done the cleaning. Try to keep the songs up-tempo!
- Time to get suited up – Get into those old comfy clothes and trainers! You want something that is comfortable and that you don’t mind getting stains on.
- When you clean your house fast, it is also a bit of a workout and you really will be working up a sweat so it’s healthy too. Make cleaning your daily workout routine.
- Gather all your supplies in a special cleaner’s caddy if possible or just use a bucket for everything.
- This allows you to carry your supplies wherever you go.
- You will also need a laundry basket for all ‘items that don’t belong here’ as you go about your cleaning.
4. Set the timer:
- Hit ‘Start’ on your timer and you’re off!
The Countdown Is On!
60:00 – 50:00 The Kitchen
- Pour 1cm vinegar into a cup and top with 1cm of water. Put into microwave and ‘cook’ for about 90 seconds. Leave for now.
- Put any items that don’t belong in the kitchen in the laundry basket.
- Fill and turn on dishwasher; wash and put away any remaining dishes in the sink.
- Spray the bench tops and draining board with an all-purpose cleaner and then wipe down.
- Spray the stove top with the appropriate cleaning product and wipe down. Don’t forget to clean the stove controls.
- Back to that cup of vinegar! Take it out of the microwave (wash and dry the mug!) and you will find that the steam from the vinegar has lifted any gunk in the microwave nicely, so it now just needs a quick wipe.
- Finally, give the sink a quick wipe and polish!
49:59 – 40:00 The Living/Dining Room
- Grab your laundry basket and make a dash for the living areas.
- Put anything in your laundry basket that belongs in the living areas away and gather anything that doesn’t belong in the living areas and put it in the basket.
- Dust the whole room – especially around the TV and other electronics as they tend to gather dust more quickly – then wipe all surfaces.
39:59 – 30:00 The Bedrooms
For each bedroom
- Take your basket along with you and put away anything that belongs in the bedrooms. Add anything that doesn’t belong to the basket.
- Pick-up and reassign anything that is not in the right place, remembering to check under the beds.
- Dust all surfaces and give them a quick wipe down.
- Spray mirrors with window cleaner and polish with soft cloth.
- Strip the bed, lift and turn the mattress (dust the bed base while the mattress is lifted) and remake the bed.
29:59 – 15:00 The Bathrooms
For each bathroom
- Spray the sink, vanity, shower, and tub with an all-purpose spray and let it sit for a while.
- Spread some baking soda into the bowl (great for cleaning toilets!). Give it a good scrub with the toilet brush and then flush.
- Then, spray a microfiber cloth with all-purpose cleaner and wipe down the outside of the toilet and tank.
- Go back to the sink and wipe the counter, vanity, fixtures, and handles.
- Wipe down the shower and tub with a dampened cloth and be on your way.
14:59 – 00:00 Finishing up
- Put any items still remaining in your laundry basket away.
- Quickly spray and wipe any windows that are obviously dirty around the house.
- Give the whole house a quick vacuum- hard floors, carpet, the lot. No need to worry too much about corners just do a quick run through.
- Make yourself a cup of coffee, relax and enjoy your clean(er) home!
If you only have 15 minutes!
If you’re really short of time, just pick one room that really needs attention. Maybe you have guests coming over, and the living room is in mess. Just get the room done as that they’ll be where they’re spending most of their time. They won’t be upstairs looking at the bedrooms after all!
Perhaps you might like to give the toilets a proper clean before guests arrive. If they’re in bad shape, spend your 15 minutes cleaning them as a priority.
Now that you know how to clean your house fast, consider these benefits of a clean home:
1. A healthier family
Try to make cleaning more regular as it will significantly lower the potential for sickness and create a healthier home overall. This is so important as a clean home reduces your susceptibility to allergies and asthma symptoms. Get rid of the dust mites, pet hair, and mold in your home and increase the quality of the air you breathe.
A dirty home can also attract unwanted predators such as cockroaches or even mice. A clean home ensures you don’t have to deal with these common problems.
2. More chance to have guests
Having family and friends over when the house is a mess can be very embarrassing. No need to have your house sparkling, but it is always good to keep it neat so as not to shock your guests!
3. Increased productivity
Clutter is the enemy of productivity and trying to get work done in a messy home is close to impossible.
4. More control
When you’re stressed, a dirty home can add to the anxiety and frustration you’re already feeling. A clean home can help you gain a sense of control.
5. Sense of accomplishment
Just looking for your clean and tidy home will give you a warm fuzzy feeling inside. It’s always nice to feel you’ve achieved something with your day.
Try to clean regularly
In an ideal world, you’ll want to keep on top of things on a more regular basis. Even if you know how to clean house fast, it is good if you set aside a little time on a daily basis to do a bit of cleaning.
That way you won’t have to deal with the guilt of letting everything pile up. Even 5 to 10 minutes every day can make a big difference in how your home looks.
*This infographic was brought to us by https://www.halfprice.com.au/
- ‘I Married the Wrong Person’: How to Be Sure and What to Do? - June 23, 2020
- 10 Substance Withdrawal Symptoms and How to Get Through - April 17, 2020
- 9 Marriage Issues That Could Destroy Your Relationship - April 11, 2020
Copyright © 2014-2020 Life Advancer. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint, contact us.