Cleaning is never easy and it takes a lot of effort. You may be wondering, how to clean house fast? Here is an illustrated step-by-step guide.
Cleaning requires an enormous amount of time which you always run short off in your busy schedules.
You work long hours and simply can’t get around to household tasks that seem to keep piling up. Learn how to clean house fast now!
The Tools You Need (the artillery)
- Music keeps you in mood and in a state of flow, people like to put on a good playlist to keep them motivated. Music makes cleaning easier! Maybe throw on your favorite Spotify playlist that lasts for an hour before you begin. When the playlist ends, you’ll be done the cleaning. Try to keep the songs up-tempo!
- Time to get suited up – Get into those old comfy clothes and trainers! You want something that is comfortable and that you don’t mind getting stains on.
- Learning how to clean house fast is also a bit of a workout and you really will be working up a sweat so it’s healthy too. Make cleaning your daily workout routine.
- Gather all your supplies in a special cleaner’s caddy if possible or just use a bucket for everything.
- This allows you to carry your supplies wherever you go.
- You will also need a laundry basket for all ‘items that don’t belong here’ as you go about your cleaning.
4. Set the timer:
- Hit ‘Start’ on your timer and you’re off!
The Countdown Is On!
60:00 – 50:00 The Kitchen
- Pour 1cm vinegar into a cup and top with 1cm of water. Put into microwave and ‘cook’ for about 90 seconds. Leave for now.
- Put any items that don’t belong in the kitchen in the laundry basket.
- Fill and turn on dishwasher; wash and put away any remaining dishes in the sink.
- Spray the bench tops and draining board with an all-purpose cleaner and then wipe down.
- Spray the stove top with the appropriate cleaning product and wipe down. Don’t forget to clean the stove controls.
- Back to that cup of vinegar! Take it out of the microwave (wash and dry the mug!) and you will find that the steam from the vinegar has lifted any gunk in the microwave nicely, so it now just needs a quick wipe.
- Finally, give the sink a quick wipe and polish!
49:59 – 40:00 The Living/Dining Room
- Grab your laundry basket and make a dash for the living areas.
- Put anything in your laundry basket that belongs in the living areas away and gather anything that doesn’t belong in the living areas and put it in the basket.
- Dust the whole room – especially around the TV and other electronics as they tend to gather dust more quickly – then wipe all surfaces.
39:59 – 30:00 The Bedrooms
For each bedroom
- Take your basket along with you and put away anything that belongs in the bedrooms. Add anything that doesn’t belong to the basket.
- Pick-up and reassign anything that is not in the right place, remembering to check under the beds.
- Dust all surfaces and give them a quick wipe down.
- Spray mirrors with window cleaner and polish with soft cloth.
- Strip the bed, lift and turn the mattress (dust the bed base while the mattress is lifted) and remake the bed.
29:59 – 15:00 The Bathrooms
For each bathroom
- Spray the sink, vanity, shower, and tub with an all-purpose spray and let it sit for a while.
- Spread some baking soda into the bowl (great for cleaning toilets!). Give it a good scrub with the toilet brush and then flush.
- Then, spray a microfiber cloth with all-purpose cleaner and wipe down the outside of the toilet and tank.
- Go back to the sink and wipe the counter, vanity, fixtures, and handles.
- Wipe down the shower and tub with a dampened cloth and be on your way.
14:59 – 00:00 Finishing up
- Put any items still remaining in your laundry basket away.
- Quickly spray and wipe any windows that are obviously dirty around the house.
- Give the whole house a quick vacuum- hard floors, carpet, the lot. No need to worry too much about corners just do a quick run through.
- Make yourself a cup of coffee, relax and enjoy your clean(er) home!
If you only have 15 minutes!
If you’re really short of time, just pick one room that really needs attention. Maybe you have guests coming over, and the living room is in mess. Just get the room done as that they’ll be where they’re spending most of their time. They won’t be upstairs looking at the bedrooms after all!
Perhaps you might like to give the toilets a proper clean before guests arrive. If they’re in bad shape, spend your 15 minutes cleaning them as a priority.