There are some general truths about life that we often forget to consider.
Turning 25 was for me, a good time to pause and reflect back on some truths about life, everything I have learned from my life experience.
In doing so, I realized there was valuable and useful advice that may help others out there to avoid the mistakes I made and get a head start.
Here are 25 of those lessons and truths about life.
1. Happiness is something that can only come from within, no matter what your circumstances. We always search for it in materialistic things and achievements, which of course will give us that temporary happiness. However, in the long run, it will only create a feeling of emptiness.
2. Fear is often a self-made monster in our own minds. We get scared about things that usually won’t have a real effect in the bigger scheme of things – Or we simply over worry.
3. Being generous and giving to others is not only good for others but equally great for ourselves. It gives our life more meaning and growth as an individual.
4. Never underestimate your health. It is the most important thing ever, nothing matters without it.
5. The way you speak about others is a direct reflection of how you feel about yourself.
6. Confidence is contagious and more important than education or talent. When you have confidence in yourself, others will notice it and naturally believe in you more.
7. Success is different for each person, it’s all about perspective. Believe it or not, not everyone is pursuing a millionaire lifestyle in London or Paris.
8. It’s totally fine to change your plans or not follow the traditional, more conventional path to get to something. Chances are the change in plan will lead you to something amazing that you never expected.
9. Holding onto things for sentiment can be reassuring, but ultimately the memories are what remain and hold importance.
10. Listen to your gut and inner voice more than those around you. Although loved ones genuinely try to help, there are some decisions your future self will thank you for making yourself. Trust your own judgment.
11. Everybody needs something to believe and hold onto. It’s different for each person, and that should be respected – not judged.
12. Live in the moment. Put away that phone, take a deep breath and learn to just be. Appreciate the moment for all its glory instead of being in a rush and getting distracted.
13. How many of us want to improve our lives, yet shy away from change? It’s human nature to hesitate; after all, it brings so much uncertainty. But there’s no other way about it – to make a lasting change we have to step out of our comfort zones.
14. Don’t ever fall for a hype. It’s a blind ‘follow the crowd’ mentality that usually results in making some sort of loss. Be immune to it. When something is being hyped, don’t jump into it without doing your homework.
15. Read, read and read! It opens your mind and you learn more than you possibly ever could from just your own life experience as compared to dozens of others.
16. Travel as much as you can, wherever and whenever you can. Life is not designed to be statically spent in one place. Spend some time to live in a different place, even if for a short while.
17. Try to forgive anyone who has done wrong with you. Easier said than done, but the result is relief from a whole lot of negative energy clogging up your life.
18. Kindness above all else is the best quality any person can have. Anything else is meaningless without it.
19. Shoot for the stars. Allow yourself to dream big and don’t ever discourage yourself from that dream. If you don’t believe in your dreams, nobody else will either.
20. Not everything revolves around you. Try to step out of your own perspective every once in a while and appreciate life from other’s point of view, it will make you a much more understanding person.
21. Learn from the past but don’t let it consume you. Let it go and realize that every day is a new beginning, a new chance to change things up and start again.
22. Doubt is the biggest metaphorical murderer. It kills more hopes and dreams than anything else.
23. Pain is inevitable but suffering is a choice. When we are in pain it’s a sign that something needs to change. But if that change is not made then it turns into suffering. Learn the lesson from the pain and slowly make steps to move on.
24. It’s about where you are heading, not where you started. Countless happy and successful people began their journey from underprivileged and unfortunate backgrounds.
25. No matter your age, life is a constant journey of change and adapting our thinking and understanding. Nobody ever has everything figured out, and that is okay.
What advice would you give a younger version of yourself? We would love to have the opportunity to learn your own truths about life.
Leave a comment in the box below!
- What a Fulfilling Life Actually Means & 10 Secrets to Living It - February 20, 2019
- 5 Common Causes of Failed Marriage and How You Can Avoid It - February 18, 2019
- What Is Hygge Lifestyle And How To Introduce It To Your Life - January 27, 2019
Copyright © 2014-2021 Life Advancer. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint, contact us.