When curveballs hit us, we seek for some positivity to ease our pain. Life is a series of ups and downs, and it may seem like there are more downs than ups, so let these funny quotes point you to its merits and put a smile on your face.
Funny Quotes About Life That Will Put A Smile On Your Face
So, are you ready to smile? Here we go.
1. “Age is of no importance unless you’re cheese.” Billie Burke
First of all is a quote from American Actress Billie Burke, who secured an Academy Award nomination (Best Supporting Actress) in 1938 for her portrayal of Good Witch Glinda in the Wizard of Oz. Her quote makes everyone smile. There is immense pressure on us to preserve our youth; Burke takes some of it off by assuring us that age is just a number. Besides, age and wisdom go hand-in-hand; it makes us valuable. And, of course, wine and cheese connoisseurs will love us.
2. “Don’t Take Life Too Seriously. You’ll Never Get Out Of It Alive.” Elbert Hubbard
American writer Elbert Hubbard, who wrote Little Journeys, also draws smiles with his quote. Most of us are too bound by reality to recognize the beauty of, and humor in life. Negative experiences cause us to take it too personally and seriously. Doing so brings on unnecessary stress, and consequently, weakened health.
3. Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes. Jim Carrey
Funnyman Jim Carrey, who thrilled us in The Mask, makes us laugh again. A person’s success is often because of gentle prodding from their better halves. Carrey also reminds us that we should support whatever our loved ones do. It may just work.
This quote isn’t just for feminists; women can attribute their achievements to the men behind them. Female leaders like British Prime Minister Theresa May and German Chancellor Angela Merkel would say that they got a little push from their men.
4. “A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.” Steve Martin
The Father of the Bride, comedian Steve Martin, makes a statement filled with humor and wisdom. The words, which are almost deadpan, draw chuckles. All said, his point is clear. There’s no life without positivity. We should fill our darkness with a little light.
5. To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone, and a funny bone.- Reba McEntire
Country singer Reba McEntire uses the amusing analogy of bones to describe what we need for success. And she’s right on the button – we need inspiration, a good sense of humor, and guts. As we all know, everything begins with a dream.
6. “The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.” Albert Einstein
The physicist we all knew and loved said it well. All of us are prone to moments of rashness and foolishness. For some, these periods may exceed those of calm and rationality. This quote is an apt reminder to embrace wisdom.
7. I really should do something about my life….maybe tomorrow. “Anonymous
We’re not sure who gave us this quote, but it’s a poignant one about procrastination. Life only improves when we take the action we said we would.
8. I didn’t fall…I’m just spending quality time on the floor. Anonymous
This quote is a gentle reminder not to let failure hinder us. We should see these times as precious learning opportunities.
9. If only common sense were more common. Anonymous
An anonymous, thoughtful person reminds us that we should exercise rational judgment in what we do. Many of us listen to the heart, and not the mind.
10. I love being married. It’s great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life. Rita Rudner
American comedienne Rita Rudner reflects, in her usual humorous way, about our attitude towards love and marriage. We take our better halves for granted after our nuptials. This nugget of truth reminds us to cherish everything about them, including the habits we may dislike.
These funny quotes remind us that life is not that bad, and are a sure way to will brighten your day.