Dreaming of a flat tummy for bikini season? Yoga is already full of core-strengthening moves. Five amazingly simple yoga poses can save you from a million crunches!
If you are serious, getting washboard abs is just a few stretches away. One important thing is required on your part – be sincere and regular yoga practice.
If you want to lose belly fat through yoga practice, the first thing you need to do is to relax and stop worrying about it.Researches reveal that, in addition to being a fact of life, stress is also the fact of fat! It can significantly contribute to weight gain. Pamela Peeke, the author of “Body for Life for Women” claims: “Even if you regularly eat well and exercise, chronic high stress can not only prevent you from losing weight but also add pounds.”
The Yoga Way to Lose Belly Fat and Get a Flat Tummy:
Among all the safe and effective methods to burn belly fat and get a flat tummy, exercise is the best. And doing exercise the yoga way can yield very good results.
The yoga moves have a multitude of benefits. Through different easy-to-do poses, you won’t just get a smart and sexy midsection, but a healthy body and a relaxed mind as well. It is easy, free and refreshing.
Yoga is, actually, a blend of physical, spiritual and mental activities practiced together to maintain and improve overall health. Many people around the globe practice yoga to achieve fitness goals.
Researchers claim that yoga can heal different diseases. So, in addition to being the perfect core-strengthening exercise, it can also improve the overall stomach functions.
Read on to discover the best yoga pose routine for a flat tummy with 10 amazingly simple moves.
Best Yoga Pose Routine for Flat Tummy
1. The Chair Pose:
As the very name suggests, chair pose requires you to assume a posture as if you are sitting in a chair. It helps strengthen the muscles of the abdomen, lower back, spine, hips and chest. While doing chair pose, you need to concentrate and focus on the muscles being used. Therefore, as a byproduct, you can also improve your concentration.
- Stand straight while keeping your hands together in front of you.
- Bend at the knees in such a way that the thighs are parallel to the floor. You will look as if sitting in a chair.
- Now raise the hands above your head.
- Next, bend the upper part of the body forward and try to breathe normally.
- Try to stay in this position for as long as you can.
Caution: Make sure not to put too much pressure on the lower back. If you are suffering from a knee or back injury and bouts of a headache, avoid the chair pose.
2. The Boat Pose
The boat pose is a great way to tone your abs. It is one of the best yoga pose routines for a flat tummy. In addition to strengthening the back and abdominal muscles, it also tones your arms and legs. In fact, it is a complete body workout.
- Take your yoga mat and lie down flat on it.
- Put the feet together and arms beside the body.
- Breathe in and, while exhaling, lift your chest and feet off the floor.
- Straighten your arms keeping the fingers outstretched towards your toes.
- Try to bring the fingers, toes, and eyes in one line.
- Hold this yoga pose for five to ten breaths.
Caution: Individuals suffering from a severe headache, a spinal injury or a low blood pressure, are advised to avoid the boat pose.
3. Downward Facing Dog Pose
The downward facing dog pose can be performed in more than one ways. The “knees to nose pulse” variation offers a great way to melt away the belly fat.
- Get into the triangular downward facing dog position.
- Slowly bend the right leg at the knee and take it forwards towards your nose.
- Place the right leg back and repeat the same process with the left leg.
- Keep on doing the exercise for ten cycles or more, if you can.
Caution: This yoga pose should be avoided in case of back or knee injury.
4. The Plank Pose
The plank pose is the simplest yet one of the most effective poses in yoga. It strengthens your abs as well as other body parts including arms, back and buttocks.The plank pose is considered ideal for runners and the best exercise for rock hard abs.
- Take a yoga mat and lie flat on your belly.
- After placing palms next to the face, bend your feet in such a manner that your toes are pushing off the ground.
- Raise your buttocks into the air to get into the downward facing dog position.
- Position your arms perpendicular to the floor by lowering the torso. Meanwhile, keep the fingers close together.
- You will feel your abdominal muscles tighten. Maintain this posture for as long as you can.
Caution: You should avoid doing this pose in case of high blood pressure and back and shoulder injuries.
5. The Bridge Pose
This yoga pose not only strengthens the abs but also helps relieve pain and discomfort in the spine and hip joints. You can also use it as a remedy for the disorders of the neck and arms. At the same time, it relaxes your mind and helps keep the blood pressure under control.
- Lie down on the yoga mat, with your body and feet flat on the floor.
- Raise your body off the ground in such a way that the neck and head are flat on the ground, with the rest of the body in the air.
- Lower the feet and place them against the ground.
- Bring the arms forward towards the feet and hold ankles of both the feet with fingers of respective hands.
- Hold this pose for as long as you can.
Caution: This yoga pose is not recommended for the people suffering from the neck or back injury.
At first, some of the above-described poses may seem to be complex and hard-to-do but you will soon get used to them. It won’t take long to give you amazing results.
- What Happens If You Take Too Much CBD? 5 Side Effects - May 10, 2023
- 10 Tips to Take Your Nursing Career to the Next Level - April 6, 2023
- The Nurse’s Guide to Creating a Care Plan to Assess Patient Needs - March 29, 2023
Like what you are reading? Subscribe to our newsletter to make sure you don’t miss new life-advancing articles!