So many people cope with the often painful and uncomfortable feeling of a stiff neck.
It might be caused by sitting at a desk all day long, from stress or tension, by sleeping in the wrong position, or simply as a result of cold weather.
Some people experience more pain than others, but anyone who endures a stiff neck knows how uncomfortable and irritating it can be on a daily basis.
What’s more, many minor stiff neck pains can lead to other uncomfortable problems such as headaches, shoulder pain, and arm pain. It can mean that it’s too painful to look around and sideways – and who needs that?
In fact, a stiff neck is so common today, with the excessive use of tablets, smartphones, and laptops, that the Center for Disease Control and Prevention has reported that almost 20% of Americans have experienced neck pain in the last three months.
So let’s get to the bottom of this.
What’s actually happening
If you are looking at your phone or computer in the same position day after day, it usually results in a displacement of your neck joints.
Your neck muscles become weak and your neck can no longer move smoothly. What can start as a stiff neck can lead to something much worse if you don’t do something about it.
But don’t fear! There is a quick and easy solution. This incredible video from Asia shows you a great technique you can do yourself to cure your stiff neck.
And it takes just ten seconds! If you do this right, you can have instant relief from your irritating neck pain.
Here’s how to do it:
Put a small towel under your shoulder. Stay in the position, as shown in the video, for ten seconds while you take deep breaths. Please note that deep breaths must be in through the nose and out through the mouth. Return your hand to a neutral position and then repeat on the other side.
To make sure stiff neck doesn’t bother you again, there are a few ways of ensuring you take care of your neck muscles, such as:
- Sleep on your side or on your back, but never on your stomach
- Make sure your computer monitor is at eye level
- Ensure you sit up straight and avoid twisting or tilting your head when you use a phone, computer or any other device
- Make sure you have frequent breaks when you are using a computer, smartphone or tablet
But if you are unable to prevent the pain, then this impressive technique is always here in case your stiff neck makes a comeback!
- The Emotions That Might Be Hiding Behind Your Headaches and Migraines - October 8, 2016
- 7 Reasons Why People Prefer the Single Life - October 7, 2016
- How to Use Orange Peels to Make a Powerful Vitamin C Supplement at Home - October 5, 2016
Copyright © 2014-2020 Life Advancer. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint, contact us.