Not supportive parents – Won't let me start my own life

///Not supportive parents – Won't let me start my own life
Not supportive parents – Won't let me start my own life2018-01-13T14:29:36+00:00

Life Advancer ~ Life Improvement Guide Forums Relationships Family & Parenting Not supportive parents – Won't let me start my own life

Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello to the community. I’m 25 years old and my name is Anna. I turned 25 in April. Anyways it was fine living at home at 1st after I turned 25 but now it’s toxic. I put my car in a ditch and my dad still hasn’t let it go. I also ran over a curb and made my tire fall off of the rim but didn’t pop it. They were $2,000 something in debt with me when I was working and going to school so I decided to buy the car off of them. But it’s not in my name so anytime we fight they hold that against me.

Also they take my phone BC I don’t pay the bills but they won’t let me get my OWN phone BC they can’t go through it. I feel like I’m being suffocated. I’m on my senior year of college and can’t even focus in school because I’m so stressed out about living here. I want to move out but the only place I have to go is my friend Doris house. She’s like a sister to me. But I don’t know how to move out without starting a REALLY BIG fight. They won’t listen to me even if I try to say it nicely. I need your help😔

Loukia L.
    Participant

Hi Anna. I’m really sorry that you are going through these problems.

I personally believe that these are not serious problems, to start thinking to leave your parents house. It is not so easy to live on your own at this time and you will meet so many problems that you will have to go back again.

If you want to be independent then you should better find a real job, so you can have your own money. This way your parents will be calmer and they will start to trust you more.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.