Coconut oil is an amazing product with lots of uses and properties, which among others has numerous benefits for hair and skin.
The body’s first line of defense is the skin and hair. Both serve as protection from the sun and the cold weather. They are also the first barriers when we encounter harsh elements in our surroundings. While they are so important, unfortunately, we often give them so little attention or sometimes completely ignore them.
However, we can change that by taking advantage of the amazing coconut oil benefits.
The skin is the largest organ in our body. It is our first line of protection against infection and prevents deep injuries. It has the ability to adjust and regulate body temperature, keeping it from spiking too high or dropping too low. The skin is also a mirror that reflects the state of our internal health.
It is very important to protect our skin. The sad thing is that most products in the market today are full of ingredients and chemicals that may be harmful to the skin.
One of the defining characteristics of mammals, the hair is a protein filament from follicles found in the dermis, or skin. The most common interest in hair is focused on hair growth, hair types, and hair care.
To grow beautiful, shiny, strong hair, we need to provide nourishment. After all, we are exposing our hair to dust and pollution day in and day out.
Coconut Oil Benefits for Hair and Skin
Coconut oil is growing in popularity for its uses and benefits. This miracle oil tops the list of natural alternatives to improve health and well-being.
This miracle oil is surely something we all need to keep at home. Two of the most notable uses of coconut oil is that it offers a high level of protection for our overall well-being and leaves a moisturizing effect on both skin and hair.
Some other ways coconut oil benefits your hair and skin include:
- No Harsh Chemicals – There are no additives included in coconut oil, unlike products sold in the market. These additives are often harsh on the skin and hair, thus making it dry and flaky.
- Easily Absorbed – Coconut oil’s molecular structure makes it easy for the skin to absorb.
- Removes Dead Skin – Coconut oil aids in the removal of the skin’s superficial layer, revealing a smooth, youthful surface and providing instant relief for chapped lips.
- Long-Term Structural Benefits – It provides long-term healing properties to the very cell structure of connective tissues by providing it with the necessary nutrients and healing antioxidants. This also provides a youthful glow to the skin.
- Germ Fighting Capabilities – Coconut oil contains acids that fight off unwanted bacteria and fungi from gaining entry to the body. This oil is composed of triglycerides that convert antimicrobial free fatty acids.
How to Apply Coconut Oil
There are various ways you can apply coconut oil to your skin and hair to enjoy its benefits. Though it is commonly added to different hair care products, here are our favorite ways of using coconut oil.
Whipped Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
This is really simple and easy. And you can even make it at home.
Just take 1 cup extra virgin coconut oil and put it in a bowl. For added fragrance, you can add a teaspoon of vitamin E oil and a few drops of essential oils. Whisk it using a wire whisk, use your kitchen aid, or put it in your blender on “whipped” setting.
Put the finished product in a container and enjoy having beautiful, radiant skin.
Coconut Oil Benefits for the Deep Conditioning of Your Hair
Coconut oil mainly consists of smaller medium-chain fatty acids. The oil of the coconut penetrates to the hair deeply. It works so fast, compared to other conditioners.
To repair split ends, moisturize the scalp, and add a healthy glow to your hair, coconut oil can be used as a leave-in conditioner.
For deep conditioning, follow these easy steps:
Wash your hair and let it air dry. Melt a small dab of extra virgin coconut oil and use your fingers to gently massage it into your hair. Work through with a comb. Once finished, wrap your hair in a shower cap or a small towel.
Allow it to soak in for 30 minutes or longer. Shampoo your hair to remove oil. You may also reapply a small amount of coconut oil to the ends of your hair for a healthier shine.
Apparently, coconut oil benefits your hair and skin in countless ways. So what are you waiting for? Add this amazing product to your daily self-care routine!
- ‘I Married the Wrong Person’: How to Be Sure and What to Do? - June 23, 2020
- 10 Substance Withdrawal Symptoms and How to Get Through - April 17, 2020
- 9 Marriage Issues That Could Destroy Your Relationship - April 11, 2020
Copyright © 2014-2020 Life Advancer. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint, contact us.