Nuts are small in size, but there is no question on their nutritional value. In terms of nutrients, they are great reservoirs for proteins, vitamins, minerals, and heart-healthy fats. Now did you know that there are advantages and disadvantages of various types of that you see on the shelves of supermarkets?
So, let’s look at the pros and cons of different types of nuts.
- Almonds – it is the most nutritious with low cholesterol. When combined with a low-calorie diet, it can be used to reduce weight and lower blood pressure.
- Cashews – it has magnesium for building protein and energy plus phosphorus for building strong bones and teeth. On top of that, it also maintains healthy skin, hair, and nails.
- Macadamia nut – the lower cholesterol in monounsaturated fats help reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Pecans – helps protect against cancer and other infections.
- Pistachios – has copper, B vitamins and magnesium that are very essential in the strengthening of the immune system.
- Hazelnut – prevents cell and tissue degradation and also help produce healthy white and red blood cells.
- Pine nut – it sharpens vision and boosts the immune system.
Which Package sizes should you go for?
The best way to buy nuts is to go for 100 – 200 calorie packs. The main reason for this is that they are high in calories thus it is better to purchase small portions to avoid health risks of consumptions.
How to Consume Nuts
It is advisable not to consume nuts during your leisure time especially in the office; it is hard to control how much you can take therefore can pose health risks.
The best nuts for chocolate lovers are cocoa dusted almonds. Instead of coating them with a thick layer of sugary chocolate candy you can choose Jordan almonds and peanuts M&M. After all the dust is made of cocoa powder and sweetened with sucralose.
Perhaps you are looking for something sweet but will fewer calories. Well, why not try all-natural glazed nuts? They are sweet and satisfying with fewer calories and high fructose corn syrup. Sahale snacks glazed nuts in flavors like almond with cranberries, sea salt, and honey could work for you.
One other great option you could opt for is Cashews with Pomegranate and Vanilla. People with normal blood pressure or rather those who haven’t been warned against using salt by a doctor can enjoy nuts with salt. A handful of salted nuts won’t harm your health.
Cashew nuts, salted peanuts, and almonds can help cure your cravings for salty food. If you like to eat them raw, then, you can also mix them with dried fruits. It can pair up nicely provided you keep ingredients ratio simple and correct. Nuts can also be paired with carbs for health benefits.
Enjoy The Nuts about Nuts Infographic:
Pick Your Options and Enjoy!
Remember to keep your intake at check just to ensure you don’t over intake calories. In other words, your health should always be a priority when choosing which ones you eat and how much. So, its time to pick the options that suit you best!
- 12 Most Endangered Animals in the World That Are Almost Extinct - October 28, 2017
- Artemisinin: a Cancer-Fighting Substance from a Little-Known Chinese Herb - October 15, 2017
- Hydrotherapy: an Amazingly Simple Way to Boost Your Immunity in Just 15 Seconds a Day - October 12, 2017
Copyright © 2014-2021 Life Advancer. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint, contact us.