I love Will Smith, his movies are awesome. His acting is great and you know something? He’s an inspiring dude. Will Smith is not just some celebrity, he’s a goldmine of inspiration and intelligence.
You’d be surprised how much you can learn from Will Smith when it comes to living your life your own way to attain the success you deserve.
Here are 9 quotes by Will Smith to inspire you to live life your own way.
1. “Fear is not real. It is a product of thoughts you create. Do not misunderstand me. Danger is very real. But fear is a choice.”
That really puts fear in perspective eh? Just imagine that fear is a separate entity altogether. And then you can do anything you want with it. Mostly, just throw it away.
2. “If you’re absent during my struggle, don’t expect to be present during my success.”
That’s the thing about people and so-called friends. So many people are not for your journey to success. They only see the success and what it can do for them.
So be very wary. The people who are not around during your struggles are not really your friends. The ones who are are the ones who will stick to you forever.
The former isn’t doing you any favors. So chug them!
3. “Don’t chase people. Be yourself, do your own thing and work hard. The right people – the ones who really belong in your life – will come to yours. And stay.”
Yep! Be yourself. CHASE yourself! The rest will take care of itself.
4. “Stop letting people who do so little for you control so much of your mind, feelings & emotions.”
In other words, these people don’t matter, at all. Focus on the other important ones instead.
5. “Money & success don’t change people; they merely amplify what is already there.”
First of all, don’t chase money and success. It doesn’t work that way. The money and success you eventually gain won’t change your life. It’ll only make it easier.
So with that in mind, never doubt yourself. Be confident, even without the money or status.
6. “Life isn’t how many breaths you take, but it’s the moments that take your breath away.”
Because you shouldn’t just live to function. You should live to be excited, passionate, happy and of course, have tons of fun.
There’s a time limit on those breaths by the way.
7. “Too many people spend money they haven’t earned, to buy things they don’t want, to impress people they don’t like.”
That is how people end up in debt. Stop trying to please everybody. You can’t. It’s impossible.
Stop aiming to meet the expectations of others’. Only yours matter. And stop spending so much on luxuries. They can only make you happy for so long.
8. “The only thing that I see that is distinctly different about me is, I am not afraid to die on a treadmill. You might have more talent than me, you might be smarter than me. But if we get on the treadmill together, there are two things.”
You are getting off first. Or I am going to die. It’s that simple. Watch this on YouTube in one of his interviews.
This is to me is about simple confidence and determination. Forget being realistic or “faking it till you make it.”
For once, psyche yourself. Just be.
9. “If you’re not making someone’s life better, you’re wasting your time.”
Because way too many of us always chase things just for ourselves. That’s normal, but here’s the twist: Sometimes in life, if you want to feel better yourself, you just have to help others.
Perhaps a time for all of us to look in the mirror.
Author Bio: Alden Tan keeps it real at his blog and writes about motivation in unconventional ways. His two main passions are Bboying and writing.
Like what you are reading? Subscribe to our newsletter to make sure you don’t miss new life-advancing articles!
This Post Has One Comment
Will Smith s perspective is truly visionary, and my sense is that through applying a similar strategy such as Smith s one could develop a greater insight into the psychology of success. Depression is probably not something that could easily take hold of an individual if they practice Smith s thinking processes.