Superfooods have a remarkably high nutrient content that helps you become healthier in the long run.
Studies have shown that some of these foods can also help you keep your energy levels up and stress levels down. You must have experienced an energy dip at some point in time in your life. These foods therefore come in handy as they help you naturally boost your energy and elevate your mood, making you more productive.
Have a look at the 7 best superfoods to boost your energy and mood:
1. Dark Chocolate
If you are a chocolate lover, you can breathe a sigh of relief. Dark chocolate is a superfood. It is good for your energy and mood.
- Eating dark chocolate helps lower cortisol, a stress hormone linked to increased appetite and weight gain.
- It helps the brain release endorphins and enhances levels of serotonin. This generates a feeling of well-being that persists for a couple of hours.
- Dark chocolate, especially the type that contains 70% cacao or higher, helps improve flow of blood to the brain and cognitive performance.
You can enjoy a few squares of dark chocolate after a meal or use it together with banana and yogurt to make healthy, delicious smoothies. You can also add a small amount to chillies and curries to enhance flavor. Several studies have shown that its chemical compounds have similar effects on the brain as marijuana. Therefore, don’t do drugs, just eat dark chocolate.
Salmon delivers a good dose of omega 3 fatty acids and protein.
- The fatty acids help elevate your mood and improve the overall health of the brain in the long run. Numerous studies have shown that people who have normal levels of fatty acids in their bodies are less susceptible to anxiety and depression than those who have deficiencies.
- Salmon is also a rich source of protein. It helps boost your attentiveness and performance.
Eat 2-3 serves of salmon per week to reap maximum benefits.
3. Green Tea
Green tea is a good source of antioxidants, amino acids and L-theanine.
- L-theanine helps reduce stress and anxiety while improving your mood.
- L-theanine also helps you increase focus, memory and mental alertness. As a result, it helps you feel energetic, making it an ideal midafternoon drink.
Regular consumption of green tea will give you a feeling of overall well-being. Doctors recommend one cup of green tea daily.
Recommended reading:Need to Lose Weight? Read This Post About Diet Patches.
Avocados are an excellent source of good fats and fiber.
- Good fats raise dopamine and endorphins levels, making you experience positive feelings.
- The fats and fiber help keep levels of insulin stable, enhancing concentration.
You can enjoy avocados in the form of salads or shakes.
Berries such as blackberries, blueberries and raspberries are packed with antioxidants and fiber.
- The antioxidants keep your neural pathways running smoothly, thus enhancing cognitive function and promoting positive energy.
- They enhance the production of feel-good enzymes in the brain.
- The antioxidants also fight free radicals, preventing premature aging.
- Fiber controls your blood sugar levels. This helps increase your focus and avoid energy slumps.
Incorporate a cup of berries into your daily diet to keep you fit and happier in the long run.
Oranges are packed with nutrients such as vitamin C.
- They help in the pumping of oxygen through your body to the brain.
- Citric acid recharges your body’s systems.
- Vitamin C helps restore high stress hormones to their normal levels. It also helps lower blood pressure if it rises in response to stressful situations.
You can easily carry oranges to any place. You therefore have no excuse not to include in your snack, whether in fruit, smoothie or salad form. You can carry it to work on the days when you anticipate more stress. Taking an orange snack about an hour before a stressful situation can help you stay calm.
Almonds are packed with vitamin E, magnesium and lots of proteins that help you sustain energy throughout the day.
- They prevent spikes in blood sugar and insulin. You’ll therefore have fewer energy dips while working.
- Vitamin E fights the free radicals linked to stress.
Almonds are a tasty and valuable addition to your daily diet. You can eat a handful of them in raw or roasted form. You can add them to your morning cereal or purée them to make nutritious gravies.
Adding these superfoods to your diet will make your life healthier, happier and more energetic. What is your experience with the above superfoods? Share with us in the comment section below.
Copyright © 2018 Life Advancer. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint,