Read about the early signs of vitamin C deficiency and learn how to fight it with an easy to follow and low-budget treatment you can do at home.
You might not be aware but vitamin C is one of the world’s best natural anti-viral, antibiotic, anti-toxin and anti-histamine. Even Nobel Prize winners like Linus Pauling have concurred on the importance of this nutrient when he backed the idea of Physicians using large doses of Vitamin C. A recent study referenced in PubMed found out that those high levels of vitamin c in the serum reduces incidences of heart failure and lower levels of vitamin c in serum lead to high death rates.
Vitamin c can protect us from cell-damaging effects of free radicals given that it is a very powerful antioxidant. It is also helpful in cleaning the arteries thus improving the flow of blood in the body not forgetting its role in collagen synthesis-It prevents against collagen deficiency conditions like dry hair, rough skin, easy bruising, aching joints and bleeding gums.
Vitamin C deficiency in your body will usually be accompanied by some effects in your health. Here are some early signs that will be pronounced in case of a deficiency:
- A weakened immune system.
- Chronic limb and joint paint.
- Slower tissue, bone and cartilage repair.
- Ease of Bleeding and bruising.
- Short tempers, mood changes and early signs of scurvy.
- Bleeding gums, loose teeth or gingivitis.
Vitamin c has also been discovered to reverse serious effects of cancer. Studies have shown that men and women who are healthy eat at least fruits and vegetables five times in a day- this provides 200g of vitamin c. Moreover, vitamin C is also known to be a great remedy to colds.
Some of the food rich in vitamin c are lemons, oranges, hot chili peppers, thyme and dark leafy green like kale, parsley, garden cress and spinach among others. A summary of the health benefits are listed below:
- It protects against ill effects of stress.
- Help lower cholesterol levels.
- Improves blood flow in the body.
- Lowers the risk of heart diseases and stroke.
- Regulates sugar levels in people with diabetes.
- Helps in cancer treatment.
- Improves lungs and airways functions therefore reducing cases of asthma and arthritis.
- Help treat tuberculosis and reduce its risk and cataracts.
- Helps facilitate proper breathing.
- Early signs of vitamin c deficiency
How to make your vitamin c at home
This recipe is super easy to follow and the ingredients are very cheap to buy-in fact it will cost close to zero!
You will need to buy some oranges and cut its peels into strips.
Allow the peels to dry at room temperature for a couple of days until they are crispy.
Then, you can use a coffee grinder to grind orange strips to yield powdered peels. You can now take one teaspoon daily of these powdered peels together with your favorite smoothies and never be worried of Vitamin C deficiency again.
Make sure you store it in an airtight container to make this therapy last longer.
As easy as that, you can stay healthy without spending much of your hard earned money.
By Egline J.
Copyright © 2017 Life Advancer. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint,