The liver is the body’s primary detoxifying organ that works around the clock to keep your system clean.
Well, it turns out that it does not do the miracles without proper diets in the sense that it uses the compounds from foods that we eat to turn toxins into less harmful substances that can safely be excreted.
So, what to do if you have too many toxins in your body? Instead of going for inorganic detoxification methods, try these foods to detox your liver naturally.
1. Artichokes has a lot of phytonutrients like gallic acid and cynarin that work to protect against health risks such as cancer, heart diseases, and liver dysfunction. They also contain compounds which are known to help stimulate bile flow. Bile is produced by the liver with one of its function being to removes toxins and to deliver them to your colon for elimination. It also stimulates (peristalsis) the movement of food in your gut.
2. They have Ally sulfides-sulfur compounds that help the liver undergo Phase 1 reactions. This way, they thus aid in the detoxification of fat-soluble toxins.
3. Betalains are red and yellow pigments found in beets that help the liver go through Phase II reactions. This is the stage where toxins are modified for excretion in the liver. The red color in them is a definite sign of health and longevity. Other than the high vitamin concentration, beets also have very high concentrations of antioxidants that help the body.
4. These are a type of freshwater green algae. They were one of the first algae to be cultivated as food and formulated into supplements. Studies show that they support the removal of dioxin, a food toxin linked to reproductive problems and cancer thanks to the many nutrients they contain e. g antioxidants, amino acids, protein, mineral, and vitamins.
5. They contain plenty of fiber which is important in excretion and the detoxification processes. It contains both soluble and insoluble fiber which supports regularity and toxin removal. The soluble fiber forms a gel-like matrix with water that adds bulk to stool and promotes regular bowel movements. They also protect against toxic estrogens especially those implicated in hormone-related cancer including breast and prostate cancer.
Include these foods in your diet to detox your liver naturally. Have you tried these or any other detox foods?
Feel free to share your experiences in the comments below!
By Egline J.
Copyright © 2018 Life Advancer. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint,